CCNY Language and Culture Summer Program La Rioja, Spain
Credits: 3 credits per class
Click here to download the flyer.
Founded in the 11th Century, Logroño is a dynamic city in the northwest Spain. It is the capital city of the autonomous community of La Rioja, Spain's wine country, birthplace of the Spanish Language, and the site of many important medieval structures.
SPAN 226; 3 Credits - Intermediate Spanish
SPAN 31002; 3 Credits - Spanish Culture
El Cuento Español Del Siglo XX ; 3 Credits
Arte Español De Los Siglos XIX y XX; 3 Credits
Introduction to the Spanish Culture; 3 Credits
Cultural excursions and workshops
- Guided excursion of the monasteries of San Millán de la Cogolla by an expert on Spanish medieval language and culture.
- A guided excursion of Logroño by an expert Historian.
- Art/Architecture specialist.
- An excursion to one of the oldest wineries: Dinastía Vivanco.
- Dinner at legendary Dinastía Faustino winery.
Important Dates (mandatory meetings):- Interview with Study Abroad: TBA
- Pre-Departure Orientation: TBA
- Deadline for payment of Program costs and CUNY - Tuition due date: TBA
- Deadline for all Application Materials: TBA
Application Fee: $300.00
CUNY Tuition: 3 - 6 credit
*Program Cost: TBA
Airfare: $900 - $1,100.00 (Estimated)
*Program cost includes campus dormitory and airport pick up. Meals and airfare are not included.