CCNY Language and Culture Summer Program La Rioja Spain
June 26th - July 25th, 2015
3 credits per class
Founded in the 11th Century, Logroño is a dynamic city in the northwest Spain. It is the capital city of the autonomous community of La Rioja, Spain's wine country,birthplace of the Spanish Language, an the site of many important medieval structures an important " stop" in the Camino de Santiago.
SPAN 226; 3 Credits -Intermediate Spanish
SPAN 31002; 3 Credits - Spanish Culture
El Cuento Español Del Siglo XX ; 3 Credits
Arte Español De Los Siglos XIX y XX; 3 Credits
Introduction to the Spanish Culture; 3 Credits
Cultural excursions and workshops
- Guided excursion of the monasteries of San Millán de la Cogolla by an expert on Spanish medieval language and culture.
- A guided excursion of Logroño by an expert Historian an
- Art/Architecture specialist.
- An excursion to one of the oldest wineries: Dinastía Vivanco.
- Dinner at legendary Dinastía Faustino winery.
Important Dates (mandatory meetings):- Interview with Study Abroad: TBA
- Pre-Departure Orientation: TBA
- Deadline for payment of Program costs and CUNY - Tuition:TBA
- Deadline for all Application Materials: April 30th, 2015
CUNY-Tuition (3-6 credits)
Program Cost: TBAAirfare: $900-$1,100.00