CCNY Summer Programs Buenos Aires, Argentina
June 27th - August 1st
3 Credits per course
CoursesCome spend some of your summer with us in Argentina
offers a variety of course offering in Spanish language and elective
taught in English. Choose six credits from the list below:
- Spanish 225 Intermediate Spanish - 3 credits
- Human Rights in Argentina in the 1970's (IN ENGLISH) - 3 credits
- Eva Perón (including Evita's story, and her place in the history of Argentina) (IN ENGLISH) - 3 credits
- Neoliberalism in Latin America (IN ENGLISH) - 3 credits
- Cultures of Latin America (IN ENGLISH) - 3 credits
- Tango & Argentine Identity (IN ENGLISH) - 3 credits
- Seminar on Borges and Cortázar (IN SPANISH) - 3 credits
Classes every day (one in the morning, one in the afternoon) except
for Saturdays and Sundays. The students will have their field trips,
tango lessons, and excursions after class.
Field trips include: Tour of Buenos Aires, Espacio de la Memoria, Sede de Madres & Plaza de Mayo, Evita Museum, Fundación Jorge Luis Borges, excursion and barbeque at a traditional Argentine Gaucho ranch, and CGT - Central de Trabajadores
You must apply and register through the CCNY Study Abroad Office. Online registration will not be available. Participants will transfer the 6 credits in Spanish from UNTREF. The course and credit will appear on your transcript.
CUNY Tuition: ( 3-6 Credits)
Program Cost: $1,940.00
(Please note, excursion and 2 meals per day, are included in the Program Costs).