CCNY Winter Program Buenos Aires, Argentina
DatesJanuary 2-24, 2014
UNTREF offers a variety of course offering in Spanish language and elective taught in English. Choose six credits from the list below:
- Spanish 225 Intermediate Spanish - 3 credits
- Human Rights in Argentina in the 1970’s (IN ENGLISH) - 3 credits
- Eva Perón (including Evita's story, and her place in the history of Argentina) (IN ENGLISH) - 3 credits
- Neoliberalism in Latin America (IN ENGLISH) - 3 credits
- Cultures of Latin America (IN ENGLISH) - 3 credits
- Tango & Argentine Identity (IN ENGLISH) - 3 credits
- Seminar on Borges and Cortázar (IN SPANISH) - 3 credits
Classes every day (one in the morning, one in the afternoon) except for Saturdays and Sundays. The students will have their field trips, tango lessons, and excursions after class.
Field trips include: Tour of Buenos Aires, Espacio de la Memoria, Sede de Madres & Plaza de Mayo, Evita Museum, Fundación Jorge Luis Borges, excursion and barbeque at a traditional Argentine Gaucho ranch, and CGT - Central de Trabajadores
You must apply and register through the CCNY Study Abroad Office. Online registration will not be available. Participants will transfer the 6 credits in Spanish from UNTREF. The course and credit (not the grade) will appear on your transcript.
- CUNY Tuition for 6 credits
- Program Fee: $1476
- Airfare not included