CCNY Winter Program Buenos Aires, Argentina
Dates: January 2 - 26, 2016
Credits: 3 - 6
Buenos Aires is one of the great Latin American cities with cultural and artistic venues. Argentina is a multicultural country with significant European influences. This offers students the chance to experience a rich and unique urban lifestyle. Argentina combines cosmopolitan features with uniquely local forms of sociability. Studying in Buenos Aires allows you to immerse yourself in a new culture and cuisine while enhancing your language skills. Students will be exposed to the broader regional and trans-national Latin American culture of the 21st century.
UNTREF offers a variety of courses in Spanish language and electives taught in English. Choose three to six credits from the list below:
- Human Rights in Argentina- 3 credits
- Cultural History of Argentina and Latin America - 3 credits
- Neoliberalism and New Social Movements- 3 credits
- Spanish as a Second Language - 3 credits
Classes are held Monday thru Friday (1 morning session & 1 afternoon session daily). All field trips, tango lessons, and excursions will take place after classes have ended for the day.
Field trips include: Tour of Buenos Aires, Espacio de la Memoria, Sede de Madres & Plaza de Mayo, Evita Museum, Fundación Jorge Luis Borges, excursion and barbeque at a traditional Argentine Gaucho ranch, and CGT - Central de Trabajadores
You must apply and register through the CCNY Study Abroad Office. Online registration will not be available. Participants will transfer 3-6 credits in Spanish from UNTREF. The course and credit will appear on your transcript.
Important Dates (mandatory meetings):
- Interview with Study Abroad: October 28th, 29th, 30th
- Pre-Departure Orientation: Friday, November 6th at 12:00pm
- Deadline for payment of Program costs and CUNY-Tuition: Monday, November 23rd
- Deadline for all Application Materials: Friday, October 30th