CCNY Winter Program Buenos Aires, Argentina
UNTREF offers a variety of course offering in Spanish language and elective taught in English. Choose six credits from the list below:
- Human Rights in Argentina- 3 credits
- Cultural History of Argentina and Latin America - 3 credits
- Neoliberalism and New Social Movements- 3 credits
- Spanish as a Second Language - 3 credits
Student Orientation will be held on Friday January 2nd, 2015. Activities will be held for students during the weekend of January 4th, 2015. All Classes will commence on Monday January 5th, and end on Friday January 23rd, 2015.
Classes are held Monday thru Friday (1 morning session & 1 afternoon session daily) . All field trips, tango lessons, and excursions will take place after classes have ended for the day.
Field trips include: Tour of Buenos Aires, Espacio de la Memoria, Sede de Madres & Plaza de Mayo, Evita Museum, Fundación Jorge Luis Borges, excursion and barbeque at a traditional Argentine Gaucho ranch, and CGT - Central de Trabajadores
You must apply and register through the CCNY Study Abroad Office. Online registration will not be available. Participants will transfer the 6 credits in Spanish from UNTREF. The course and credit will appear on your transcript.
Important Dates (mandatory meetings):
- Interview with Study Abroad: TBA
- Pre-Departure Orientation: TBA
- Deadline for payment of Program costs: TBA
- Deadline for all Application Materials: TBA
- CUNY Tuition for 6 credits
- Program Fee: $1476
- Airfare not included