Blackboard is an application accessed through the CUNY Login website that allows instructors to upload classwork on the Internet. It improves student engagement and provides a variety of resources to instructors as they teach. Not all instructors will choose to use it and therefore students must ask their instructors if they will use this application.
You will access Blackboard from the same login points you currently use but will log in using your CUNYfirst username followed by '@login.cuny.edu' and your CUNYfirst password.
For example, if you log into CUNYfirst as 'george.washington76', you will log into Blackboard as firstname.lastname@example.org .
Blackboard, DegreeWorks, FACTS and CUNYfirst will albe accessible via CUNY Login page.
Please feel free to contact Blackboard support with questions, concerns, or your thoughts on migration to Unified Login services for Blackboard.
To access Blackboard you need a CUNY portal Login account. To register for a portal CUNY Login account, click here:
To access Blackboard please click here:
This link will re-direct you automatically to the new CUNY LOGIN page
BLACKBOARD TIPS FOR STUDENTS
- Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome are the most compatible browser to use
- If you use a public computer (e.g. in a computer lab), make sure to close all browser windows after logging out from Blackboard.
- As a precaution save your work frequently while entering text, e.g., by using "copy-and-paste" and (for faculty) attaching files to "items" rather than entering longer text directly via the Bb text editor (this is the recommended practice).
- If you do not see your course, please check with your instructor as to whether it is available. Courses will not show on Blackboard for students, if faculty do not make them available.
- Make sure your Citymail account is the default email in Blackboard. Otherwise you will not receive emails sent by your instructor. See link below, “Blackboard User Guide for Students”, for step by step instructions on how to change your email account.
Blackboard Resources for Students: >>Blackboard User Guides for Students
Blackboard Resources for Faculty: Teaching Learning Center (TLC), (NAC) NA 4/220, offers faculty support and training via One-on-one Blackboard Consultation and Workshops as well as online documentation.
Last Updated: 03/03/2023 14:42