Blackboard is an application accessed through the CUNY Portal website that allows instructors to upload classwork on the Internet. It improves student engagement and provides a variety of resources to instructors as they teach. Not all instructors will choose to use it and therefore not all students will use it.
To access Blackboard you need a CUNY portal account. To register for a portal account, click here:
To access Blackboard please click here:
BLACKBOARD TIPS FOR STUDENTS
- Mozilla Firefox is the most compatible browser to use
- If you use a public computer (e.g. in a computer lab), make sure to close all browser windows after logging out from Blackboard.
- As a precaution save your work frequently while entering text, e.g., by using "copy-and-paste" and (for faculty) attaching files to "items" rather than entering longer text directly via the Bb text editor (this is the recommended practice).
- If you do not see your course, please check with your instructor as to whether it is available.*
- Make sure your Citymail account is the default email in Blackboard. Otherwise you will not receive emails sent by your instructor. See link below, “Blackboard User Guide for Students”, for step by step instructions on how to change your email account.
For Faculty Support please visit: The Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL), NAC 4/220 offers faculty training via one-on-one Blackboard workshops as well as online documentation.
Location: North Academic Center
Room: NA 1/301
*Courses will not show on Blackboard for students, if faculty do not make them available.
Follow BB on Twitter: