- A.B. (Philosophy) Brown University
- Sc.B. (Chemistry) Brown University
- M.S. (Mathematics) Stevens Institute of Technology
- Ph.D. (Mathematics) Stevens Institute of Technology
- CSc 33500 : Programming Language Paradigms
Computational Group Theory and Symbolic Computation, Functional Programming, Semantics of Programming Languages.
- Challenge Response Password Security Using Combinatorial Group Theory, to appear in Groups, Complexity and Cryptology (with G. Baumslag, Y. Bryukhov, and B. Fine).
- Virtual Properties of Cyclically Pinched One-Relator Groups, International Journal of Algebra and Computation, Vol. 19 No. 2, pp 213 - 227, 2009 (with G. Baumslag, B. Fine and C. F. Miller).
- Virtually Free-by-Cyclic One-Relator Groups I., Aspects of Infinite Groups, Algebra and Discrete Mathematics, Volume 1, World Scientific, B. Fine, G. Rosenberger and D. Spellman, eds., pp.9-25, 2008 (with G. Baumslag).
- Reflections on the Residual Finiteness of One-Relator Groups, Groups, Geometry and Dynamics, Vol.1 No. 3, pp. 209-219, 2007 (with G. Baumslag and C. F. Miller)
Prior to joining City College, I had faculty appointments at Stevens Institute of Technology and Syracuse University. Prior to that I worked in industry, as a chemist in the Chemical Physics Division of Allied Chemical Corporation.
Current Professional Affiliations
Association for Computing Machinery, European Association for Theoretical Computer Science