1974 - pres Assoc/Professor of Chemical Engineering, CCNY/CUNY Graduate Center
1988 -1995 Assistant/Associate Dean School of Engineering, CCNY
1972‑1974 Visiting Faculty, Department of Chemistry Univ. of Washington (Seattle)
1971‑1972 Adjunct Assoc. Prof, Depts. of Chemistry and/Physics Queens Col., CUNY
1965‑1971 Physical Metallurgist Argonne National Laboratory, DOE 1960‑1965 Fellow in Metal Physics Mellon Inst, Carnegie‑Mellon Univ.
B.Sc.(Ch.E.), 1955, Columbia University
Ph.D., 1960, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Chemical Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering, Thermal techniques for materials characterization, Experimental condensed matter physics.
a) Preparation and characterization of novel optical and photonic materials in the form of single crystals, nano-crystallites embedded in a glass matrix, composites containing optically active nano and micron sized particles and quantum dot structures. b) Utilization of recyclable materials (plastics and demolition debris)
Current Research Associates
Profs. R.R. Alfano, V. Petricevic and N. Parker in the Departments of Physics and Civil Engineering.
- Baoping Wang, L.L. Isaacs, A.B. Bykov, V. Petricevic, R.R. Alfano, “Preparation and Characterization of Sub micron and Micron Scale Optical Materials”, Bull. Am. Phys. Soc. (2003) Presented at the March Meeting of the American Physical Society, March 2003, Austin, Texas.
- BaoPing Wang, L.L. Isaacs, A.B. Bykov, V. Petricevic, R.R. Alfano, “Preparation and Characterization of Submicron and Micron Scale Optical Materials for Microphotonic Applications”, presented at the “Microphotonics III” symposium of the Materials Research Society Fall 2002 meeting Boston Dec. 2002
- BaoPing Wang, L.L. Isaacs, A.B. Bykov, R.R. Alfano, “Preparation and Characterization of Nanoscale Crystalline Optical Materials”, presented at the “Nanophase and Nanocomposite Material IV” symposium of the Materials Research Society Fall 2001 meeting Boston Dec 2001
- L.L. Isaacs, R.R. Alfano, V. Petricevic, BaoPing Wang, Jinpin Ying, “Preparation of Submicron and Micron Size Cr (IV) Optical Composites”, Material Research Society Symposia, vol. 581, 411-414 “ Nanophase and Nanocomposite Materials III”, edited by S. Komarneni, J.C. Parker, H.Hahn, 2000
- A.B. Bykov, V. Petricevic, J. Steiner, Di Yao, L.L. Isaacs, M.R. Kokta and R.R. Alfano, “Flux Growth and Characterization of Cr4+: Ca2GeO4 as a New Near Infrared Tunable Laser Material”, J. Crystal Growth 211, 295-301 2000
- L.L. Isaacs, Di Yao, BaoPing Wang, A.B. Bykov, V. Petricevic, R.R. Alfano, “The Thermal Properties of Cr (IV) Doped Solid State Tunable Laser Materials”, 16th IUAPAC Conference on Chemical Thermodynamics p 38 (2000), Presented at ICCT- 2000, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada August 6-11, 2000
- Petricevic, V., A.B. Bykov, R.R. Alfano, J. Steiner, Di Yao, and L.L. Isaacs, "Growth and Spectroscopy of Cr:4+Ca2 GeO4 Laser Crystal Tunable in the 1.35-1.48 um Near-Infrared Spectral Range", (in press,1996)
- Petricevic, V., A.B. Bykov, R.R. Alfano, J. Steiner, Di Yao, and L.L. Isaacs, "Growth and Spectroscopy of Cr:4+Ca2 GeO4 , a New Technical Digest, Advanced Solid State Lasers, PD10-1-5, Jan 1996
- Isaacs, L.L., R. Abhari, R. Ledesma, and E. Tsafantakis "Response of Argonne Premium Coals to Heat," Energy and Fuels, 6, 242 (1992)
- Ledesma, R. and L.L. Isaacs, "Effects of Poly-Ethylene Tereph-thalate (PET) from Plastic Waste on the Thermal Properties of Asphalt," A.C.S. Division of Fuel Chem., 36, 1119 (1991)
- Isaacs, L.L. and R. Ledesma, "Thermal Properties of Coal Ashes." In Mat. Res. Soc. Symposia, Fly Ash and Coal Conversion By-Products: Characterization, Utilization, and Disposal, VI, R.L. Day, F.P. Glasser, Eds., 178 (1990)
- Isaacs, L.L. and R. Abhari, "Drying Kinetics of Lignite, Subbituminous Coals, and High-Volatile Bituminous Coals," Energy and Fuels, 4, 448 (1990)
- Yoo, K.M., R.R. Alfano, X.M Guo, M.P. Sarachik, and L.L. Isaacs, "Time-resolved Emission Spectroscopy of the High Tc Superconductor YBa2Cu3O7-x Under Laser Ablation," Appl. Phys. Lett., 54 (13) 1278 (1989)
- Isaacs, L. L., A. Roy, M. Levy, X. M. Guo, M. P. Sarachik, and R. Ledesma, " Hall Cofficient of Insulating n-type CdSe, " Phys. Rev. B., 39 (1989)
- Levy, M., A. Roy, M P. Sarachik, and L. L. Isaacs, " A study of Compensation in Insulation and Metallic n CdSe Using Transport Measurements," Phys. Rev. b.,38, 3323 (1988)