COVID-19 (C-19) Response S.T.A.R Award (Unit & Individual)
We are extremely grateful for the dedication, perseverance and compassion displayed by CCNY employees since the start of the unprecedented COVID-19 pandemic. Employees have demonstrated unquestionable strength and character while carrying out their responsibilities during one of the toughest years of our time. Many have gone above and beyond and shown extraordinary efforts to maintain critical operations, ensure effective and efficient course delivery, create and implement new processes to adapt to the ever-changing pressures of the pandemic and work around the clock to ensure the safety and well-being of others—all accomplished with emphasis on effectively supporting the academic mission of the college and university during the pandemic.
Unit winners will receive an inscribed plaque. Individual winners will receive a certificate and a $2,000 prize.
C-19 Response S.T.A.R. Award Eligibility and Criteria
The C-19 Response S.T.A.R. Awards will be awarded to divisional/departmental units, staff and faculty members who have risen to the challenge in extraordinary ways of the unprecedented times we have experienced over the last year. All divisions/departments are eligible for a Unit S.T.A.R. Award. The award recipients will be selected by the President.
Eligibility for individual S.T.A.R Award, will require the nominees to have been active CCNY employees prior to the start of the pandemic and have exceptional attendance and performance.
Emphasis for consideration will be placed on the following criteria:
- Performed exemplary service above and beyond their assigned duties since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic which in turn has helped to enhance the mission of their department/division and the overall mission of the college
- Performed outstanding service that goes above and beyond their assigned duties to the campus community at large
- During the COVID-19 pandemic, worked cooperatively across departments/divisions to find ways to maintain and improve work processes and services
- Enhanced work environment for co-workers by demonstrating and promoting a sense of community, compassion and connection despite constraints
- Adapted to the changes resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic with resiliency, innovation and creative solutions
- Took initiative above and beyond their assigned duties in order to maintain campus operations, services and delivery of courses
- Volunteered to represent the college outside their regular job duties
- Achieved high productivity during the pandemic despite the various changes and challenges presented
- Maintained exceptional customer service, quality of care and professionalism throughout the pandemic
C-19 S.T.A.R. Award Nomination Process
Divisional/Departmental Unit Awards will be selected by the President. Nominations will not be accepted.
The C-19 Response S.T.A.R Award nomination process for the faculty and staff awards are as follows:
- Division Heads can nominate 1-2 staff and/or faculty for the S.T.A.R. Award. No self-nominations.
- Division Heads must complete a nomination form, describing specific examples of the employee’s qualities and/or actions that meet the COVID-19 Response S.T.A.R. Award criteria.
- Completed nomination forms due by Monday, May 24, 2021 (Deadline was extended)
- Human Resources will review nomination forms for eligibility.
- President’s S.T.A.R. Award Selection Committee will review and rank eligible nomination forms and submit them to HR. The selection committee will be composed of the President’s Senior Advisor, Provost, and Vice President of Finance and Administration.
- The Office of Human Resources will tally the nominations.
- The selection committee will present finalists to the President.
- The President will select three staff and three faculty winner(s).