The City College Financial Aid Office administers federal and state funds, as well as those provided by special programs, the City University of New York and the College itself, to ensure that you will have an opportunity to pursue higher education at CCNY. The office will work with you to combine scholarships, grants, loans, work-study opportunities and governmental benefits into a package to help meet the difference between the cost of college and the contributions you and your family are expected to provide.
Feel free to learn requirements about grants, scholarships and loan programs. Most of our awards are "need based", and you will have to maintain "good academic standing", to qualify for your awards. See the Federal and New York State Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP), requirements.
Students not meeting SAP may submit an appeal to have their federal financial aid reinstated, please view the deadline page on the financial aid webpage.
Announcements & Updates
- You Can Now File FAFSA from Your Phone
- 2020-2021 FAFSA The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the 2020-2021 academic year available October 1st 2019! You may complete the 2020-2021 FAFSA with 2018 Tax information.
- The City College of New York is pleased to inform you that undocumented and other students may now apply for New York State Aid under the Senator Jose Peralta New York State DREAM Act (NYS DREAM Act). Applicants who meet the eligibility requirements of the NYS DREAM Act can now apply for TAP (through June 30, 2020), and for the Excelsior Scholarship (through August 15, 2019).
- 2019-2020 FAFSA The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the 2019-2020 academic year is available. You may complete the 2019-2020 FAFSA with 2017 Tax information.
- You must declare or change a Major no later than Monday, September 16, 2019 for the Fall 2019 TAP/APTS/VTA/NYS/EXCELSIOR Scholarship award(s). Click here for further instructions to declare your major.
Funding Your Education
FWS Fall/Spring 2019-2020:
Placement and Eligibility Screening begins on August 27, 2019.
New/transfer student - FWS for Spring 2020 Placement begins on the first day of classes.
Wille Administration Building
160 Convent Avenue - Room 104
New York, NY 10031
|Monday:||9:00am - 4:45pm|
|Tuesday:||9:00am - 6:00pm*|
|Wednesday:||9:00am - 6:00pm*|
|Thursday:||9:00am - 4:45pm|
|Friday:||Limited services at one stop 9:00am - 5:00pm|
November 27, 2019: 9:00 - 4:45pm