*Due to the current Coronavirus pandemic our office is practicing Social Distancing and is working remotely.
Welcome to our New Virtual Financial Aid Front Desk
The City College of New York Virtual Financial Aid Front Desk will be open via Zoom. Our staff will be answering your concerns about financial aid. Please join us on the link https://ccny.zoom.us/j/2126506656 (phone or computer) or manually entering the 10 digit meeting number (Meeting ID #: 2126506656). We look forward to seeing you live online.
CCNY Student documents should be uploaded on our Secure Portal - https://email@example.com
Note: Only Financial Aid documents listed on your CUNYfirst To-Do-List as well as additional Direct Loan request forms must be submitted through the Secure Portal. All documents must be uploaded as a single file. Due to the high volume of documents, please allow at least 6 weeks for processing.
Welcome to the Office of Financial Aid
The City College Financial Aid Office administers federal and state funds, as well as those provided by special programs, the City University of New York and the College itself, to ensure that you will have an opportunity to pursue higher education at CCNY. The office will work with you to combine scholarships, grants, loans, work-study opportunities and governmental benefits into a package to help meet the difference between the cost of college and the contributions you and your family are expected to provide.
Feel free to learn requirements about grants, scholarships and loan programs. Most of our awards are "need based", and you will have to maintain "good academic standing", to qualify for your awards. See the Federal and New York State Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP), requirements.
Students who do not meet SAP may submit an appeal to have their federal financial aid reinstated, please view the deadline page on the financial aid webpage.
Special note for students and families with income loss:
Students who experience a loss in income based on the COVID-19 pandemic, may qualify for additional federal student assistance. When completing the FAFSA, a student reports income information from two years prior. If you have had a loss in income and previously did not qualify for a Federal Pell Grant, you may be eligible for additional funds based on an income adjustment. Possible circumstances may include unemployment, death of a wage-earner (parent, if dependent; spouse, if independent), divorce, loss of untaxed income (such as child support). A review of your circumstance will require income and substantiating support documentation for the circumstance. Review income adjustment form along with other documents needed for appeal.
If you need to contact the Financial Aid Office, the best way to reach us is by Zoom, phone, or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Create an account (FSA ID).
Start the FAFSA® form at www.studentaid.gov
If you submitted a FAFSA online, you should receive your SAR in three to five days.
Carefully review to make sure all the information is correct. If there are any errors, you can correct them online if you completed your FAFSA on the Web. Make sure to follow-up with your CUNYfirst To Do List.
The Financial Aid Office is pleased to announce our new secure portal effective Friday, March 13, 2020.
Advantages of this new portal:
- Faster and secure way to submit required documents(s).
- No need to be on campus or wait in line at the Financial Aid Office to submit your required documents.
- Documents are auto date stamped upon submission.
*To protect your PII (Personally Identifiable Information) Any email attachments sent to the Financial Aid Office outside of this new portal will be immediately deleted without review.*
Announcements & Updates
Welcome to our New Virtual Financial Aid Front Desk - The City College of New York Virtual Financial Aid Front Desk will be open Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 10 am - 4 pm with longer hours on Wednesdays from 10 am to 6:30 pm. Our dedicated staff will be answering all of your concerns about financial aid. Please join us by using the link below or manually entering the 10 digit meeting ID number. We look forward to seeing you live online. https://ccny.zoom.us/j/2126506656 (Devices available - Phone or computer) Join Meeting ID is 212-650-6656.
- Deadline to submit 2020-2021 Verification is on July 30th, 2021.
- The Financial Aid Office is pleased to announce our new secure portal effective Friday, March 13, 2020. //email@example.com " target="_blank" title="Securetransfer">Financial Aid Filedrop
- One of the New York State Higher Education Services Corporation (NYSHESC) academic eligibility requirements is that students must declare a major when they have accumulated 60 or more credits. You must declare or change a Major no later than September 15, 2020 to be able to receive the Fall 2020 TAP/APTS/VTA/Excelsior and other NYS Scholarship award(s). Minors must also be declared or changed by September 15, 2020
- One of the New York State Higher Education Services Corporation (NYSHESC) academic eligibility requirements is that students must declare a major when they have accumulated 60 or more credits. You must declare or change a Major no later than February 18th, 2021 to be able to receive the Spring 2021 TAP/APTS/VTA/Excelsior and other NYS Scholarship award(s). Minors must also be declared or changed by February 18th, 2021.
- FACTS helps students understand and monitor their eligibility for selected New York State financial aid programs: TAP, APTS, and selected HESC scholarships.
- You Can Now File FAFSA from Your Phone!
Funding Your Education
Completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the first step in the financial aid process.
Apply for federal and New York State financial aid every school year.
|Academic Year||Tax Year||Submit FAFSA as early as|
|2021 - 2022||2019||10/01/2020|
|2020 - 2021||2018||10/01/2019|
Federal Work Study - Fall/Spring 2020-2021:
Placement and Eligibility Screening begins in September 2020 (Details coming soon through your citymail account)
Information and instructions regarding Fall 2020 FWS have been emailed to FWS supervisors and students who received FWS offers for the 2020-2021 academic year via their official CCNY email addresses
- 7 Easy Steps to the FAFSA
- Undergraduate Federal Loan
- Graduate Federal Loan
- Entrance Counseling
- Exit Counseling
- Master Promissory Note (MPN)
Location (Closed - Working Remote)
Wille Administration Building
160 Convent Avenue - Room 104
New York, NY 10031
Phone: 1(212) 650-6656
Fax: 1(212) 650-5829
Federal (FAFSA): 002688
NY State (TAP/APTS): 1411 (Undergraduate Only)
**Due to the current Coronavirus Public Health Emergency, our office is practicing Social Distancing and is working remotely; there will be no In-Person Services available**
|Zoom Hours||Meeting ID: 2126506656|
|Monday:||10:00am - 4:00pm|
|Tuesday:||10:00am - 4:00pm|
|Wednesday:||10:00am - 6:30pm|
|Thursday:||10:00am - 4:00pm|
Phones will be operational on Monday - Friday from 9:00am - 5:00.
|General Office Hours||(CLOSED - Working Remote)|
|Monday:||9:00am - 4:45pm|
|Tuesday:||9:00am - 5:00pm*|
|Wednesday:||9:00am - 5:00pm*|
|Thursday:||9:00am - 4:45pm|
*Tuesday and Wednesday hours are 9:00 am - 4:45 pm when classes are not in session. More Information