Welcome to the Office of Financial Aid at City College of New York
The City College Financial Aid Office administers federal and state funds, as well as those provided by special programs, the City University of New York and the College itself, to ensure that you will have an opportunity to pursue higher education at CCNY. The office will work with you to combine scholarships, grants, loans, work-study opportunities and governmental benefits into a package to help meet the difference between the cost of college and the contributions you and your family are expected to provide.
Feel free to learn requirements about grants, scholarships and loan programs. Most of our awards are "need based", and you will have to maintain "good academic standing", to qualify for your awards. See the Federal and New York State Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP), requirements.
Students not meeting SAP may submit an appeal to have their federal financial aid reinstated, please view the deadline page on the financial aid webpage.
STEP 1 - FAFSA
- Create an account (FSA ID). An FSA ID is a username and password you need to sign the FAFSA form online
- Start the FAFSA® form at fafsa.gov.
CCNY College code: 002688
STEP 2 - TAP (NYS Residents)
"Start your state application" link on the online FAFSA confirmation page to complete your TAP application after submitting the FAFSA. Or, if you already filed the FAFSA apply for TAP now through the HESC Website.
CCNY College code: 1411
STEP 3 - Follow-up
If you submitted a FAFSA online, you should receive your SAR in three to five days.
Carefully review to make sure all the information is correct. If there are any errors, you can correct them online if you completed your FAFSA on the Web. Make sure to follow-up with your CUNYfirst To-Do-List.
Announcements & Updates
- DIRECT LOAN APPLICATION DEADLINE
The Direct Loan application deadline for Fall 2019 only is December 2nd, 2019.
- You Can Now File FAFSA from Your Phone
- 2020-2021 FAFSA The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the 2020-2021 academic year available October 1st 2019! You may complete the 2020-2021 FAFSA with 2018 Tax information.
- The City College of New York is pleased to inform you that undocumented and other students may now apply for New York State Aid under the Senator Jose Peralta New York State DREAM Act (NYS DREAM Act). Applicants who meet the eligibility requirements of the NYS DREAM Act can now apply for TAP (through June 30, 2020), and for the Excelsior Scholarship (through August 15, 2019).
Funding Your Education
FWS Fall/Spring 2019-2020:
Placement and Eligibility Screening begins on August 27, 2019.
New/transfer student - FWS for Spring 2020 Placement begins on the first day of classes.
General Office Hours
|Monday:||9:00am - 4:45pm|
|Tuesday:||9:00am - 6:00pm*|
|Wednesday:||9:00am - 6:00pm*|
|Thursday:||9:00am - 4:45pm|
|Friday:||9:00am - 5:00pm (Ltd. ser. at one stop)|
*Tuesday & Wednesday hours are from 9:00am - 4:45pm when classes are not in session