Welcome to the Office of Financial Aid at City College of New York
The City College Financial Aid Office administers federal and state funds, as well as those provided by special programs, the City University of New York and the College itself, to ensure that you will have an opportunity to pursue higher education at CCNY. The office will work with you to combine scholarships, grants, loans, work-study opportunities and governmental benefits into a package to help meet the difference between the cost of college and the contributions you and your family are expected to provide.
Feel free to learn requirements about grants, scholarships and loan programs. Most of our awards are "need based", and you will have to maintain "good academic standing", to qualify for your awards. See the Federal and New York State Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP), requirements.
Students not meeting SAP may submit an appeal to have their federal financial aid reinstated, please view the deadline page on the financial aid webpage.
- Create an account (FSA ID). An FSA ID is a username and password you need to sign the FAFSA form online
- Start the FAFSA® form at www.studentaid.gov
CCNY College code: 002688
If you submitted a FAFSA online, you should receive your SAR in three to five days.
Carefully review to make sure all the information is correct. If there are any errors, you can correct them online if you completed your FAFSA on the Web. Make sure to follow-up with your CUNYfirst To Do List.
Announcements & Updates
- You Can Now File FAFSA from Your Phone
- Spring Excelsior Deadline is January 30th, 2019.
- Direct Loan Application Deadline - FALL 2019 only is December 2nd, 2019.
- Spring 2020 Application for the Excelsior Scholarship will be available starting 12/17/19 and will be available on the HESC website.
- 2020-2021 FAFSA The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the 2020-2021 academic year available October 1st 2019! You may complete the 2020-2021 FAFSA with 2018 Tax information.
- The City College of New York is pleased to inform you that undocumented and other students may now apply for New York State Aid under the Senator Jose Peralta New York State DREAM Act (NYS DREAM Act). Applicants who meet the eligibility requirements of the NYS DREAM Act can now apply for TAP (through June 30, 2020), and for the Excelsior Scholarship (through August 15, 2019).
Funding Your Education
FWS Fall/Spring 2019-2020:
Placement and Eligibility Screening begins on August 27, 2019.
New/transfer student - FWS for Spring 2020 Placement begins on the first day of classes.
Wille Administration Building
160 Convent Avenue - Room 104
New York, NY 10031
Phone: 1(212) 650-6656
Fax: 1(212) 650-5829
- Federal (FAFSA): 002688
- NY State (TAP/APTS): 1411 (Undergraduate Only)
(January 13-31, 2020)
|Monday:||9:00am - 6:00pm|
|Tuesday:||9:00am - 6:00pm|
|Wednesday:||9:00am - 6:00pm|
|Thursday:||9:00am - 6:00pm|
|Friday:||9:00am - 5:00pm|
General Office Hours
|Monday:||9:00am - 4:45pm|
|Tuesday:||9:00am - 6:00pm"|
|Wednesday:||9:00am - 6:00pm"|
|Thursday:||9:00am - 4:45pm|
|Friday:||Limited services at one stop 9:00am - 5:00pm|
* Tuesday and Wednesday hours are 9:00 am - 4:45 pm when classes are not in session.