Undergraduate Non-Degree/Visiting Students/Seniors
What is Non-Degree?
All three categories of undergraduate non-degree (non-matriculated) students - this includes general, visiting, and senior citizen non-degree students - are individuals taking courses for college credit, but not pursuing a baccaulareate degree at City College, or - in the case of senior citizens (Seniors) - auditing courses for personal enrichment and neither seeking a baccaulareate degree nor college credit.
As a non-degree student at City College:
- You may not take more than 24 credits overall in this status.
- Your may need departmental approval for your desired course(s).
- You will be among the last group to register, as priority is given to degree-seeking students.
- Your course registration is on a space available basis, and therefore not guaranteed.
- You may not apply any financial aid towards your tuition.
Who can apply as Non-Degree?
- Visiting Students from non-CUNY campuses who are in good academic standing with a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0, and have the permission of their college or university.
- Students who attended a college or university previously, but are not currently enrolled, and are in good academic standing with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0.
- High School students looking to take courses through CUNY's CollegeNow Program must first determine if their high school is on CCNY's list of CollegeNow Particpating Schools before applying. Please consult first with a guidance counselor or college advisor at your high school.
- High School graduates who never attended a college or university after graduating high school must have a cumulative GPA of 80 (or it's equivalent), or a score of 3250 (or it's equivlaent) on the Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC).
- Senior Citizens - for this purpose categorized as being at least 60 years of age - have the additional option of registering on an audit (no credit) basis an pay no tuition. A valid government ID is required for proof of age.
- International Students may take non-degree courses, but are not eligible to obtain a Certificate of Eligibility (I-20) while in non-degree status.
*Currently enrolled CUNY students MUST apply for an ePermit to register for courses at CCNY.
**All non-degree applicants - with the exception of Seniors auditing courses - MUST meet CUNY's college readiness requirements.
How do I apply?
- Submit a Non-Degree Application by the appropriate deadline (see table below)
- With the exception of Seniors auditing courses, official or unofficial copies of all of the following must be provided:
- High School transcript(s) and/or TASC diploma with scores
- SAT and/or ACT Scores (If needed to meet the CUNY college readiness requirements). Students educated in a non-English speaking country must also submit a TOEFL or IELTS score.
- College transcript(s) from all colleges or universities previously attended
*Please note that documents in jpeg or pdf format can be e-mailed to email@example.com up until the online deadline.
**DO NOT REQUEST ELECTRONIC TRANSCRIPTS (e.g. eScrip) TO BE SENT FROM YOUR COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY.
- Submit a CUNY Residency Form if any application information indicates a prior residence outside of New York State.
Non-Degree Application Schedule
|Online Deadline||In-Person Deadline|
Summer 2020 Session Extended
|2/17/20 - 5/22/20||5/26/20, 5/28/20, 5/29/20|
|Summer 2020 Session 1||2/17/20 - 5/22/20||
5/26/20, 5/28/20, 5/29/20
Summer 2020 Session 2
|2/17/20 - 6/25/20||6/29/20 - 7/02/20|
Summer 2020 Session 3
|2/17/20 - 7/23/20||7/27/20 - 7/30/20|
Fall 2020 Session
|4/06/20 - 8/14/20||8/17/20 - 8/21/20|
Winter 2021 Session
|10/05/20 - 12/18/20||12/21/20 - 12/23/20
12/28/20 - 12/30/20
Spring 2021 Session
|10/05/20 - 1/15/21||1/18/21 - 1/22/21|
Graduate Non-Degree/Visiting Studies/Seniors
New Section Coming Soon...
For now, visit our current Graduate Non-Degree page.