Share This

Graduate Studies Overview


Graduate Studies Overview

Enrich Yourself for the Future

The City College master’s and doctoral programs are designed both for the student seeking graduate training ending at the master’s level and for those interested in preparing for admission into doctoral degree programs. More than fifty different master’s and doctoral programs in the College of Liberal Arts and Science as well as The Schools of Architecture, Education and Engineering offer students a wide range of specialized learning opportunities. Eighty-eight percent of students enrolled in the College’s graduate programs are pursuing advanced degrees. Currently, nearly nine hundred master’s degrees are conferred each year.

Applying for Graduate Admission

Applying for graduate study at The City College is a simple process. The following pages will guide you through the steps. Please note: Applications to the School of Architecture and the School of Education are processed in a separate admissions office, but all programs use the same online application.

Information for the School of Architecture may be obtained from:
Bernard and Anne Spitzer School of Architecture
141 Convent Avenue, Room 120 NY, NY 10031 (212) 650-5663

Information for The School of Education may be obtained from:
School of Education – NAC 6/207B The City College of New York
160 Convent Avenue, NY, NY 10031 (212) 650-6296

Choosing Your Program

The first step is to research programs in your area of interest to find one that is right for you. Use the City College website to learn about our vast variety of graduate programs and ask questions... we're here to help!

Review Requirements
After you have chosen a program, read the Application Requirements page to determine if you are qualified for graduate study at The City College. The page will contain information about required tests, transcripts, letters of recommendation, and application fee.

Preparing to Apply
This page will guide you through preparatory application steps, from reporting test scores to writing your personal statement.

Apply Now


New at CCNY!

The College of Liberal Arts and Science are pleased to announce the launching of three new programs:

Biotechnology, M.S.
Branding + Integrated Communication (BIC), M.P.S.
Digital and Interdisciplinary Art Practice, M.F.A.

Grove School of Engineering is pleased to announce the launching of one new program:
Earth Systems and Environmental Science and Technology, M.S. (ESEST)

Applications are being accepted for an inaugural class starting study in Fall 2013.

The GRE® General Test is Changing

Find Out What You Need to Know!


Missed the application deadline?

If you have missed your program's posted deadline, there are still options to take classes at City next semester! Click here for your options.