M.S. Admissions Requirements

Because the biomedical engineering program is interdisciplinary, it attracts students with different baccalaureate degrees, not only in different engineering disciplines, but also from other STEM-related fields such as physics, chemistry and biology. Please see below for the admissions requirements.

  1. What is the deadline to apply for admission?

The deadlines can be found in the CCNY Graduate Admissions page. Applications are accepted for both the fall and spring semesters.
Applications are submitted online.

  1. What are the admissions requirements?

Have a baccalaureate degree in a STEM-related field (or performed well in STEM-related courses). A typical applicant will have a 3.0 GPA out of 4.0 in the undergraduate degree, with scores being just one component of our holistic review process to determine a student's admissibility.

  • Complete a standardized test for graduate admission, GRE 
  • Submit three letters of recommendation
  • Submit a resume
  • Submit a personal statement that discusses the rationale for pursuing the Master of Science in Biomedical Engineering
  • International students must have a TOEFL score of 550 (80 on the internet based test) or better

Please send an e-mail to Prof. Bingmei Fu (BME MS Advisor) at fu@ccny.cuny.edu for further inquiries.

  1. Is there funding available for master’s students?

We currently do not provide funding for incoming MS students. However, students who have shown a strong track record and participate in a research project for their master’s thesis often receive funding from their mentors. Strong candidates who continue their studies by entering the Biomedical Engineering Ph.D. program do receive funding from their Ph.D. advisor.

  1. Who are the faculty in the program?

A list of our faculty from the Grove School of Engineering at the City College of New York and the New York Center for Biomedical Engineering can be found at here.