Assistant Dean for Faculty and Academic Affairs
Ms. Santana coordinates and provides support to CSOM leadership and faculty for academic and administrative processes including faculty governance, appointment and promotion processes; strategic planning initiatives; accreditation processes, and special projects.
- Coordinates faculty reappointment, promotion and tenure processes, and assists with academic and faculty personnel matters; serves as a resource to department chairs on faculty personnel matters; supports onboarding of clinical faculty from affiliate hospital sites
- Co-facilitates accreditation processes; manages and responds to requests from the LCME, MSCHE, NYSED; ensures compliance with CUNY and NYSED policies related to CSOM’s academic programs
- Provides support for the CSOM faculty governance processes through the Faculty Council and the Executive Faculty Committee, including updating the faculty handbook, and monitoring and disseminating university initiatives, policies and procedures that impact upon academic programs
- Supports strategic planning processes and monitoring of short- and long-term strategic goals and metrics
- In collaboration with CSOM leadership, assists in the planning of and coordinates faculty and staff development opportunities, meetings, assemblies, retreats, special projects and events.