Emotional wellness is integral to overall wellbeing. If you're having difficulty striking the right balance and keeping stress at bay, Sophie's Pulse can help. We provide access to on-campus resources for counseling, academic support, as well as referrals to top psychiatry and psychology practitioners. We can also help you find non-medical ways of integrating emotional balance into your daily routine.
- CUNY SOM Counseling Office
- The Psychological Center in the NAC building
- Learning Resource Center
- "Easing Brain Fatigue with a Walk in the Park"
- New York Times Well Blog
- MIT Medical Relaxation and Stress Reduction Resources
- The Center for Mind-Body Medicine
- Healthy Living podcasts
- One Step to Rediscover the Meaning in Your Life
- Pulse magazine: Voices from the Heart of Medicine
- Dr. Simon Rego: 9 Surprising warning signs of depression
- A positive outlook may be good for your health
Visiting green spaces like parks or tree-filled plazas can lessen stress and improve concentration.
-New York Times Well Blog