General Information and Transcript Request Policy
All financial and other obligations to the School must be met before a transcript request is processed. You must not have any negative “Holds” on your record.
Types of Transcripts:
- Official Transcript: mailed directly to a named recipient, as requested by the student.
- Official, Sealed, Transcript: mailed to the student in a sealed envelope, to include with other documents. Institution/organization name, address and contact information must be provided at the time the request is submitted; otherwise, the request will not be processed.
- Unofficial/Student copy: issued to the student; no seal on transcript.
How and where to Request a Transcript:
- Online: The fastest and most convenient way to order your transcript 24 hours a day/7 days a week is through Credentials Inc. There is an additional $2.00 fee for use of this online service. However, the transcript request is completed within two to five business days and the student receives an email notification on the status of the request.
- CUNYfirst Student Center: A link for Official Transcript Ordering is available on your CUNYfirst Student Center. It will link you to Credentials Inc. where you can submit your request.
To utilize the service click on the link below. A student is required to provide Social Security number or CUNYfirst (empl ID), email address, telephone number, a valid major credit card (VISA, Master Card, American Express or Discover) and other information requested on the transcript order form. Credentials Customer Service may be contacted at (847) 716-3005.
- In person: In extreme circumstances only, You must pay the transcript fee of $7.00 to CCNY Bursar’s office and submit a copy of the receipt with your transcript request form. You must visit the Office of the Registrar, Harris Hall, Room 102 and complete, sign and date a “Transcript Request Form.” An in person transcript request is usually processed within five school days of receipt.
- Fee for an official and unofficial transcript: $7.00
- On-line service assesses an additional fee of $2.00, for a grand total of $9.00
- A transcript sent to another CUNY college only pays the on-line service fee of $2.00.
- Transcripts are sent via first class mail only.
- A student may elect to have his/her transcript delivered overnight by FedEx through Credentials Inc. only.
- The School does not transmit a transcript electronically, by email, or by fax.