The edTPA is a performance assessment that is completed during student teaching.
On this page you will find information which will help you through the edTPA process:
Students & Faculty
- edTPA.com is a support site for teacher certification candidates containing registration and submissions information, FAQs, etc.
- edTPA FAQs:
- Making Good Choices - A Support Guide for edTPA Candidates is a support guide for students to help them to develop the artifacts and commentaries for their edTPA port folios.
- edTPA Retake Information:
- Using edTPA
- NYS Ed Department Guidance on NYS Certification Exams
- edTPA Resouces
- NYS Teacher Certification Examinations. edTPA for NY State
- NYC Department of Education CONSENT TO PHOTOGRAPH, FILM, OR VIDEOTAPE A STUDENT FOR NON-PROFIT USE (e.g. educational, public service, or health awareness purposes)
- Important emails:
- Learning and Technology Resource Center
Resource for TaskStream and edTPA upload.
- Multimedia Center of the School of Education
Resource, technical advice and assistance with videotaping, cutting, video recorders (camcorders, cameras, iPods, iPads, SmartPhones) for the video component of edTPA. Helpful material:
- About the Multimedia Center (podcast; about 4 minutes)
- The Video Component of edTPA PowerPoint presentation you might have seen during a workshop
- The Video Component of edTPA PowerPoint with narration (about 15 minutes; evaluate the podcast)
- Handout: How can I find my relevant clips the most efficient way?
- Teaching Channel Resources:
All instructors and supervisors have been entered into the edtpa.aacte.org site from which you can access handbooks, resources, frequently asked questions, webinars and discussion groups moderated by official AACTE staff. You can get official answers from SCALE on your edTPA related questions at that website too. If you have problems accessing the site please contact our edTPA coordinator Dr. Bruce Billig via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Getting Ready for edTPA (3 part webinar series)
- Guidelines for Supporting Candidates Completing edTPA
- Guidelines for edTPA Retake Decision-Making and Support
- Supporting Candidates with Video Documents
- Video Case Studies on edTPA
- CCNY edTPA Forum
In this forum faculty and staff of the School of Education at The City College of New York communicate about their edTPA implementation and support each other in this initiative. This forum is for faculty and staff only.
- engageNY: Common Core Curriculum & Assessment, Teacher/Leader Effectiveness, Data Driven Instruction, Video Library, Professional Development & Network Teams, Parent & Family Resources