Financial Aid Deadlines
Federal Financial Aid:
1. Students must file a FAFSA and have a Student Aid Report (SAR) with a valid "EFC" no later than May 22, 2020.
2. The last day to submit federal verification documents is May 22, 2020. ** Institutional Deadline ** or 120 days after last day of attendance, whichever, date is the earliest.
3. The last day to apply for a Federal Direct Loan:
- Summer only - July 16, 2019
- Summer/Fall or Fall only - December 2, 2019
- Summer/Fall/Spring, Fall/Spring or Spring only - May 4, 2020
4. The last day to submit an academic appeal for federal financial aid:
- Fall 2019 - October 15th, 2019
- Spring 2020 - March 13th, 2020
New York State (NYS) Financial Aid:
1. The last day to apply for TAP: June 28, 2019.
2. The last day to declare or change major/minor/concentration:
- Fall 2019 - September 16, 2019
- Spring 2020 - February 14, 2020
(This is required for students with 60 or more earned/transfer credits)
|Summer Only||Aug. 5, 2019||Fall Only||Dec. 2, 2019|
|Summer/Fall||Dec. 2, 2019||Fall/Spring||May 4, 2020|
|Summer/Fall/Spring||May 4, 2020||Spring Only||May 4, 2020|
Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP):
The last day to submit an academic appeal for federal financial aid:
- Fall 2019: October 16th 2019
- Spring 2020: March 11th, 2020
Did You Know?
- Academic Calender
- Students are required to apply for financial aid each year in order to be considered for aid for the upcoming academic year. (An academic year is Summer, Fall, and Spring.)
- A FAFSA can now be filed as early as October. Although a student can file a FAFSA anytime before the deadline to receive their federal Pell grant, students who complete their FAFSA early are more likely to receive federal Work-Study and federal SEOG (Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant) awards, if they have "financial need".
- The required income information to be used when completing a FAFSA is now the "prior prior" year or two years in the past. Therefore, for the 2019-2020 Students and parents are required to use their 2017 income information. For the 2020-2021 academic year, a family's 2018 income information will be required and so on.