- Postdoctoral Fellow, Architectural Sciences, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, CASE, 2013
- Ph.D., Architectural Sciences, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 2012
- M.S., Architectural Sciences, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 2008
- M.S., Engineering Management, Izmir Institute of Technology, Turkey, 2005
- M.Arch., Izmir Institute of Technology, Turkey, 2005
- B.Arch., Uludag University, Turkey, 2001
Assistant Professor, City College of New York, CUNY, 2014-present
- Sustainability Consultant, CASE & SOM, New York, NY, 2012-2013
- Intern Architect, Skidmore, Owings & Merrill, New York, NY, 2011
- Environmental Designer within Integrated Research Teams, CASE with Skidmore, Owings & Merrill, New York, NY, 2008-2013
- Member of Chamber of Architects, Izmir, Turkey
- Architecture License, Turkey
Selected Publications and Recent Research
- CIRG-CUNY: Plant‐Based Air Filtration using Engineered Growth Media: Formaldehyde Adsorption Dynamics, Co-PI with Elizabeth Biddinger (PI), 2017-2018,
- PSC-CUNY: Optimization of Building-Integrated Plant-Based Cassettes for Removing Indoor Air Pollutants. PI, 2017-2018.
- US Department of the Army, Minority Serving Institutions Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics Research & Development Consortium (MSRDC): Absorbents for use in Building-Integrated Plant-Based Dynamic Filtration Media for Removing Chemical Warfare Agents; co‐PI with Elizabeth Biddinger (PI), 2016-2017.
- Aydogan, A., Dyson, A., Montoya, L.D. “From a Lab Scale to the Building Scale: Formaldehyde Removal by a Plant Module,” in Proceedings of Healthy Buildings 2015 America, (2015).
- Wrobetz A., Aydogan, A., and Montoya, L.D. “Physical and Biological Characterization of Porous Media for VOC Removal,” in Proceedings of American Association for Aerosol Research 34th Annual Conference, (2015).
- Dyson, A., Aydogan, A., Vollen J., Nyman, M., Bird, J. “Building-Integrated Active Modular Phytoremediation System,” in Proceedings of the American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE) Annual Meeting, 32d (2013).
- Aydogan, A., Montoya, L.D. “Formaldehyde Removal by Common Indoor Plant Species and Various Growing Media,” Atmospheric Environment, 45 (2011): 2675-2682.
- Aydogan, A., Tardos, G., Biddinger, E. “Granulation of Growth Media for Indoor Air Purification Utilizing Botanically‐Based Systems,” Indoor Air Conference (2016).
International Society of Indoor Air Quality and Climate