Faculty and Staff Profiles
Adjunct Assistant Professor
Adjunct Assistant Professor
Additional Departments/Affiliated Programs::
<< Back To Directory
- B.E., Mechanical Engineering, The City College of New York 2001
- M.A., Biomedical Engineering, The City College of New York 2004
- Ph.D., Biomedical Engineering, The City College of New York 2008
- ME145: Computer Aided Drawing (The City College of New York)
- MIS G1010: Statistics and Decision Making (The City College of New York)
- MIS G5020: Project in Information Systems Management (The City College of New York)
Mathematical modeling of transport phenomena; Lipoprotein mimetic nanoparticle synthesis and characterization; Management Information Systems; Word Spotting; Pattern Recognition in Heterogeneous Fields.
Current Research Projects
- Current Philosophical Assumptions in Valuing Online Learning. S Russell
- Power and Politics in Online Learning Initiatives. S Russell
- Designing the Fluid Mechanics of Drug Delivery in Pancreatic Cancer. S Russell, BW Pogue, JF Morris, RR Alfano, PJ Hoopes.Designing the Fluid Mechanics of Drug Delivery in Pancreatic Cancer. S Russell, BW Pogue, JF Morris, RR Alfano, PJ Hoopes.
- Word Spotting for Handwritten Texts, S Russell, R Alfano, A Stevens, R Hernandez.
- Validation of Provenance in Heritage Science, S Russell, RR Alfano, KM Witherspoon, A Stevens, R Hernandez.
- Distribution Anisotropy of Magnetic Nanoparticles in Tumor Revealed by Fourier Spatial Frequency Analysis of SWIFT-MRI S Russell, RR Alfano, BW Pogue, PJ Hoopes.
- Quantification of the Plasma Clearance Kinetics of a Gadolinium-Based Contrast Agent by Photoinduced Triplet Harvesting
Stewart Russell, Ryan Casey, Dung M. Hoang, Benjamin W. Little, Peter D. Olmsted, David S. Rumschitzki, Youssef Zaim Wadghiri, and Edward A. Fisher. Analytical Chemistry 2012 84 (19), 8106-8109
- A protein diffusion model of the sealing effect
Stewart Russell, Limary M. Cancel, John M. Tarbell, David S. Rumschitzki. Chemical Engineering Science Volume 64, Issue 22, 16 November 2009, Pages 4504-4514
- Wireless Telemedicine and Service Level Management Architecture Specification
C. Miyata, S. Russell, T. Carvalho, and A. Kawaguchi, 1st International Conference on E-business and Telecommunication Networks, Setubal, Portugal, August 2004, pp. 70-78
- Advantage of predictive modeling in tracer studies
Stewart Russel. AJP - Endo January 1, 2011 vol. 300 no. 1 E252
- Integrated WLAN deployment: Implementation of a Mobile Wireless Diabetes Management System, Handbook of Wireless Local Area Networks: Applications, Technology, Security, and Standards
A. Kawaguchi, S. Russell, G Qian, C. Miyata, and J. Becerra, CRC Press, ISBN 0849323231, 9780849323232 May 2005
- Characterization of the Fourier spatial frequencies of time resolved laser speckle from interacting high density lipoprotein disks. Russell S, Nguyen TA, Torres CR, Bhagroo S, Russell MJ, Camara H, Pogue BW, Alfano RR, Proc. SPIE Int. Symposium on Biomedical Imaging (ISBI 2014) (In Press)
- Spatial Frequency Analysis of Anisotropic Drug Transport in Tumor Samples. Russell S, Samkoe KS, Gunn JR, Hoopes JP, Russell MJ, Nguyen TA, Alfano RR, Pogue BW. J. Biomed. Opt. (2014) Jan;19(1):15004.
- Spatial frequency analysis of high-density lipoprotein and iron-oxide nanoparticle TEM image structure for pattern recognition in heterogeneous fields. Russell S, Nguyen TA, Torres CR, Bhagroo S, Russell MJ, Alfano RR. J. Biomed. Opt. (2014) Jan;19(1):15005
- Gold nanocrystal labeling allows low density lipoprotein imaging from the subcellular to macroscopic level. Iris E. Allijn, Wei Leong, Jun Tang, Anita Gianella, Aneta J. Mieszawska, Francois Fay, Ge Ma, Stewart Russell, Catherine B. Callo, Ronald E. Gordon, Emine Korkmaz, Jan Andries Post, Yiming Zhao, Hans C. Gerritsen, Axel Thran, Roland Proksa, Heiner Daerr, Gert Storm, Valentin Fuster, Edward A. Fisher, Zahi A. Fayad, Willem J. M. Mulder, and David P. Cormode. ACS Nano (2013) 7 (11), pp 9761 - 9770 DOI: 10.1021/nn403258w
- Online/Hybrid Learning Task Force, Faculty Senate of the City College of New York, 2013
- Graduate Council of the City University of New York, 2005-2008
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Russell S, Casey R, Fisher EA, Zaim Wadghiri Y. A Method for the Detection of Non-luminescent or Weakly Luminescent Metals, (Mar. 9, 2012) Pat. Pend. US 61/608,756
- Russell S. Methods And Compositions of Drug Delivery Vehicles for Enzyme Replacement Therapy, (Sep. 20, 2012) Pat. Pend. US 61/703318