Areas of Expertise/Research
- Smooth Ergodic Theory
- Thermodynamic Formalism
- Rotation theory
- Symbolic Dynamics
North Academic Center
My native town is Kharkov, Ukraine. I attended Kharkov National University to study mathematics and eventually came to the US for graduate studies. In 2005, I received a Ph.D in mathematics from the University of Missouri. For the followng five years, I held the position of Adjunct Assistant Professor at UCLA until crossing the country to arrive at City College.
2005 University of Missouri - Ph.D. Mathematics
(1) Measures of maximal entropy for suspension flows over the full shift (joint with Dan Thompson )
Mathematische Zeitschrift, doi: 10.1007/s00209-019-02287-9. (Published online: 10 April 2019).
(2) Ground States and Zero Temperature Measures at the Boundary of Rotation Sets (joint with Christian Wolf )
Ergodic Theory and Dynamical Systems, 39 (1) (2019), 201-224.
(3) A suspension flow over the full shift with two distinct measures of maximal entropy (joint with Dan Thompson )
Topology Proceedings 52 (2018), 321-328.
(6) Localized Variational Principle for Non-Besicovitch Metric Spaces
Topology and its Applications 190 (2015), 22-30.
(7) Comments on the paper: Operators with an absolute functional calculus
Nigel J. Kalton Selecta, Vol. 1, (F. Gesztesy, G. Godefroy, L. Grafakos, and I. Verbitsky, editors), Contemporary Mathematicians, Birkhäuser-Springer, (2015).
(12) Real interpolation of domains of sectorial operators on Lp-spaces (joint with Lutz Weis )
Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications 310 (2005), 278-285.
(13) R-bounded approximating sequences and applications to semigroups (joint with Mark Hoffmann and Nigel Kalton )
Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications 294 (2004), 373-386.
(14) Weak topologies and properties fulfilled almost everywhere (joint with Vladimir Kadets )
Math. Fiz. Anal. Geom. 8 (2001), 261-271.