Seeking a college student who is looking for an internship working in a fast-paced HR environment. This 27-year-old company provides valuable services to numerous high-profile clients. They are a well-established organization that is just a couple of blocks from Penn Station. If you want to immerse yourself in Human Resource activities and come away with hands-on business experience and marketable job skills, this may be the place to start. They promote a positive work environment and understanding of their business. This is a great opportunity for college students to gain both school credit and knowledge of the Human Resources field.
This internship is for school credits only (2-3 credits, unpaid).
Gain Experience / Training in:
- Application of Human Resources functions.
- Processing in HR pertaining to payroll and other functions.
- I-9 processing (verifying the identity of employees and their eligibility to work legally in the U.S.).
- Day to day functions of Human Resources, allowing you to see different aspects of the HR field.
- The company’s objectives, environment, techniques, and strategies that are used daily.
Desired Abilities & Experience:
- Must be highly organized and conscientious (critically important).
- Must be highly attentive to details and accuracy (critically important).
- Has a propensity to be curious and ask questions.
- Pursuing an associates or bachelor’s degree.
- No required experience.
Responsibilities / Learning Objectives:
- Observing different areas of Human Resources activities.
- Assisting with processing I-9’s, scanning paperwork, and onboarding new hires.
- Shadowing the HR/Payroll Assistant to learn the day to day responsibilities.
- Shadowing the HR Manager later in the internship.
- Learn functions in human resources to gain experience in a variety of HR functions.
- Hands on project with scanning important paperwork for associate’s files.
- Building relationships with the team.
Salary: $0.00 /hour
The intern must be available to work between 9 and 15 hours per week.