This is an opportunity to assist with back-office and front-line HR projects in a not-for-profit environment with 160 employees. This organization fights poverty through comprehensive social services and passionate advocacy. It has a network of 75 food pantries and affordable housing sites. It also provides career services, crisis interventions, family violence services, health insurance enrollment assistance, home care programs, home services, immigrant services, and kosher food distribution.
Gain Training / Experience in:
- Recruitment and On-boarding.
- General Human Resources Administration.
- Timekeeping and Attendance.
Desired Abilities and Experience:
- Takes direction and complies with instructions.
- Communicates effectively in English both verbally and in writing.
- Works very well with sensitive information and maintains confidentiality of information.
- Strong sense of organization; ability to organize alpha-numerically.
- Attention to detail and ability to work with very detailed information.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Works collectively with team members.
- Works independently; must be able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Maintains a professional manner and appearance in the workplace.
- Ability to learn new business applications and systems to accomplish tasks.
- Undergraduate courses in business and/or human resources administration (or similar) required.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) – must be computer-literate.
Responsibilities / Learning Objectives:
- Collaborate on and assist with special Human Resources projects as assigned, covering one or more major functional areas of HR including but not limited to those noted above.
- Assist HR staff with administrative and clerical tasks.
- Support HR team in delivery of superior customer service to the workforce.
- Required Frequently: Walking, sitting, grasping, bending, stooping, squatting, computer input, finger dexterity and coordination of hand, eye and foot.
- Required Frequently: Standing and climbing stairs; carrying boxes and folders (approx. 1 - 25 lbs.).
- Required Occasionally: Reaching above the shoulder, and lifting 5-25 pounds, pushing and pulling.
This internship is located in the Wall Street area.
The intern must be available 6 to 12 hours per week. This is an unpaid opportunity. (FOR CREDIT ONLY).
If you are interested, contact Dr. Paino ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) (Reference: MCO-1).