Explore our plan. Stay informed. Get ready to return!
WE ARE SET FOR SPRING!
View the complete list of courses for SPRING 2021 AND Registration NOW! Registration Ends January 28 - Classes Begin Friday, January 29.
IMPORTANT CAMPUS ACCESS, COVID-19 EXPOSURE, AND BUILDING UPDATES:
Campus Access: Please be advised, that we are currently operating within Phase 0. With regional spikes in the COVID-19 virus, and for the safety of our campus community, family and friends, we are maintaining absolute minimum capacity on the campus.
Buildings and Exposure: We will continue to keep you updated and informed as it relates to Campus Access, Building Openings, and any potential or confirmed COVID-19 exposures on campus. Please continue to check back for Important Updates for the CCNY Campus and Campus Community.
All remote and hybrid courses will begin at the start of the academic year and Fall semester, August 26, 2020. Face-to-face instruction will be limited, so please be sure to confirm the medium for which your class instruction will be delivered.
All CCNY students should continue to check email, social media, CCNY student apps, and the CCNY website for updates and changes related to campus class start(s) and/or campus reopening.
Many buildings on the CCNY campus are currently closed for public access and classroom instruction/lab access. If your course/lab requires that you be on campus, please be sure to follow the Campus Access Protocol. Details on this protocol can be found in the section below called "Access to Campus and Campus Building". For the full set of instructions on campus access, please review Access Protocol Explained.
- Due to the current pandemic, the Office of Admissions is operating a virtual front desk to answer any Admissions related questions that you may have. To schedule an appointment, please visit https://www.ccny.cuny.edu/admissions.
- For international students, please visit https://www.ccny.cuny.edu/isss for the most up-to-date information related to how COVID-19 is impacting your return to campus and/or remote and hybrid courses.
- International applicants who are not currently accepted or enrolled, please visit https://www.ccny.cuny.edu/admissions/international-students.
While some lab courses and activities are occurring on campus, please remember that you are required to request access to campus prior to your arrival. If your office/course/lab requires that you be on campus, please be sure to follow the Campus Access Protocol. Details on this protocol can be found in the section below called "Access to Campus and Campus Building". For the full set of instructions on campus access, please review Access Protocol Explained.
Are you a NEW HIRE?/strong> For new hires needing to access the campus, and who do not yet have a CCNY email address, please complete the non-credentialed campus access request form. You MUST have CCNY faculty or staff sponsorship who support the reason for your access request.
To request the unlocking of a specific room or space, you may reach CCNY Public Safety at: email@example.com or by calling (212) 650-6911.
- Faculty Senate: David Jeruzalmi, Chair
- Office of the Provost: Tony Liss, Provost & SVP Academic Affairs
Please use the resource provided below to notify on-site visitors, colleagues, and students of closed classrooms. Please limit use to ONLY the classrooms or offices that are used by you & feel free to offer contact info on the sheet prior to posting on office/classroom door.
For any staff needing to access a room, building, or office, please remember that you are required to request access to campus prior to your arrival. If your duties requires that you be on campus, please be sure to follow the Campus Access Protocol. Details on this protocol can be found in the section below called "Access to Campus and Campus Building". For the full set of instructions on campus access, please review Access Protocol Explained.
Are you a NEW HIRE? For new hires needing to access the campus, and who do not yet have a CCNY email address, please complete the non-credentialed campus access request form. You MUST have CCNY faculty or staff sponsorship who support the reason for your access request.
To request the unlocking of a room, please feel free to contact Public Safety at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (212) 650-6911.
Please use the resources provided below to notify on-site visitors, colleagues, and students of closed classrooms or buildings. Please limit use to ONLY the classrooms or offices that are used or managed by you.
At this time, all interior portions of the campus remain closed to the general public. While the campus sits on a public street, we are requesting that all parties limit access to the campus, campus grounds & any campus common areas in an effort to continue to adhere to limiting social gatherings and keeping socially distanced. For any questions related to access to campus, please reach our Office of Public Safety at (212) 650-6911 or via email at email@example.com .
NOTE: At this time, campus request for access protocols described in other sections do not apply to visitors to the campus. It is our sincere hope that we can, very soon, reopen our campus safely to the general public. Thank you for both complying and understanding during this time of transition.
Buildings and COVID-19 Status
This Daily COVID Update is for the CCNY Community
These notices are generally separated into three parts as follows:
- The first part will include a spreadsheet showing the status of building closures. For buildings that are shown as “Closed”, there is no need for cleaners to enter the building. Engineers will do reduced rounds, perhaps once or twice per week. Please make sure that you read the comment section of the sheet whereas it may contain information relevant for the entering or status of the building. Also, given the times that we are in, I believe that it is also important to take note of the fact that while some building closures may have been prompted by COVID-19 incidents and others by the institutional decision to downsize the infrastructure needing to be maintained, all closed buildings are safe to enter but entrance is by approval only. For clarity, the genesis for the building closures have also been added to the below spreadsheet. Updates for the past 24-hours are shown in red .
- The second part of this email will include information concerning any new COVID-19 reports that may be significant for the CCNY campus within the past 24-hours;
- The third section of the email will include a variety of information that may include information such as but not limited to: updates on cleaning products, suggested means and methods for completing cleaning tasks, campus updates and personnel notices.
Full Building Closure Report (updated daily)
Many buildings will continue to remain closed to the general public, and may have limited and/or varied open status as we continue to manage the pandemic. Safety is our top priority. Please continue to monitor this list for information related to open and active building status for the campus.
For those needing to access the campus due to the inability to conduct primary tasks at a distance, please following the Access to Campus instructions below. For a more detailed description of the process, please read the full Access to Campus Protocol.
COVID-19 Exposure Update
The college has received notification of a staff member testing positive for COVID-19 on 12/11. Light symptoms started on Monday, 12/7. The last time the staff member was on campus was 12/3, According to DOH guidelines a person can be contagious two days prior to symptoms, which would place the contagious date at 12/5, when the staff member was no longer on campus.
Access to Campus
At this time, and for the safety of our campus community, we are carefully controlling access to our campus, and are subject to the occupancy limits in our Reopening Plan. The procedure for gaining access to the campus has two steps:
1) Individuals must request access privileges through the online system here (CCNY or CITYMAIL e-mail required): https://portal.ccny.cuny.edu/depts/oit/campusAccess/login.php . NOTE: Access requests should be made 24 hours in advance; you must receive an access request approval confirmation prior to arriving on campus.
2) Every day you come to campus you are required to fill out the health screening questionnaire on the Everbridge app. Instructions for getting and using the app can be found HERE at the bottom of the page; installing this app should be a one-time setup.
- Navigate to the App store on your phone and search for Everbridge.
- Download, install, and open the Everbridge app.
- Click Find an Organization or subscription button on the Everbridge splash page.
- Search for CUNY. Select the CUNY – Health Screening option. Do not choose NYAlert.
- You will be taken to the CUNY Web Applications Login page.
- Log in using your CUNYLogin credentials. (Username: Firstname.Lastnamefirstname.lastname@example.org )
- Set your notification preferences and click the Done button.
Learn more about Access Protocol for The City College of New York
*For those without CCNY credentials, please use our non-credentialed campus access request form to gain access to the campus. Please NOTE, you MUST have faculty or staff sponsorship to support the campus visit request. (updated October 7, 2020)