ONLINE HYBRID MEDICAL BILLING & CODING
The Office of Continuing and Professional Studies (CPS) at The City College of New York (CCNY) is proud to launch its very first “Online/Hybrid Certified Billing and Coding Specialist” (CBCS) course, in partnership with MedStar Billing Technology and Resources. One of CPS’s goals is to service the community with the latest job training certifications. Healthcare continues to be a training growth area. The Occupational Outlook Handbook of the Bureau of Labor Statistics projects a growth for health information technicians by 22% by 2022. Medstar Billing Technology and Resources, a company that has provided billing and coding for over a decade, has designed the latest curriculum with ICD-10-CM exclusively offered at CCNY.
If you want..
- An exclusive program backed by CUNY’s flagship institution, The City College of New York
- An up-to-date curriculum
- A program certified by the National Healthcareer Association (NHA)
- A flexible course that you can access anywhere, at any time
- Live discussions with the instructor and other students using video conferencing technology
..then this is the program for you.
As technology is proceeding at a rapid pace and producing more advanced medical procedures and treatments, the need for qualified and trained professionals has greatly increased. This new 170 hour online course is designed for any individual who desires to work as a Medical Billing and Coding Specialist in a variety of settings, including hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, physician’s office or at a home-based office. In attending this online course, you will learn medical billing procedures using our cloud-based software, research insurance companies to make appropriate referrals and get authorizations, understand the explanation of benefits document and properly verify patient eligibility. Comprehensive review sessions are also included for preparation of the National Board Exam to become a certified Medical and Billing Coding Specialist.
Students can enroll in the course at any point during its progression.
- Computer (Desktop or Laptop), Smartphone or Tablet
- Internet Connection
- Active email address
- Free Blue Jeans App (provided by the College)
- Students will be contacted within one week of start date of class with access instructions
For more information and/or registration: