The NYC Building Operator Training program is part of New York City's OneNYC commitment to reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions 80% from 2005 levels by 2050. The training improves the skills of operations and maintenance staff working in NYC's small to mid-sized residential buildings through an overview of critical building systems with an emphasis on preventative maintenance and energy efficiency.
Since it began in 2016, more than 300 supers have completed the program and are already seeing energy and money-savings results!
What It Is
The NYC Building Operator Training:
- Is a 30-hour training for supers, operators, and maintenance staff of small to mid-sized multifamily buildings (5-50 apartment units or between 5,000-50.000 gross sq ft)
- Offers courses at locations throughout the city
- provides course curriculum materials in Spanish and English
- Is offered at NO COST to all eligible participants
What It Covers
Designed by Operations & Maintenance training experts, the curriculum covers:
- Building systems, including heating, electrical, and water systems
- Preventative maintenance of equipment
- Best practice energy efficiency measures
- Safety, compliance, and emergency management