Sandy Saintonge, M.D.
Interim Assistant Dean for Diversity and Inclusion
- Develops and oversees a strategic plan for enhancing diversity, equity and inclusion across the school, including metrics to assess its effectiveness and impact on the School’s learning environment. including its research, education, clinical and service missions
- Provides expertise in the development of effective practices to recruit and retain students, faculty, staff and senior administrators from URiM groups, as well as provides guidance to faculty on culturally competent curriculum development and teaching
- Serves as an advocate, mentor, resource and support to students, faculty and staff from URiM groups
- Manages and leads diversity training, education and professional development opportunities for faculty, students, and staff to foster a structurally competent learning environment
- Collaborates with the College’s Office of Diversity and Compliance in responding to incidents related to bias, discrimination and harassment, and in identifying appropriate interventions
Last Updated: 11/22/2021 11:06