Lynn Hernandez, Ph.D.
Assistant Dean for Diversity and Inclusion
Dr. Hernández leads and facilitates programs and initiatives in support of the School’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) policy. She is responsible for formulating and implementing a strategic plan for enhancing DEI across the School and developing metrics to assess the plan’s impact on the learning environment. She is also responsible for providing guidance on empirically supported best practices to enhance the recruitment, retention and advancement of students and faculty from historically underrepresented groups in medicine (URiM) and developing professional development opportunities to foster a more structurally competent learning environment.
- Develops and oversees a strategic plan for enhancing diversity, equity and inclusion across the school, including metrics to assess its effectiveness and impact on the School’s learning environment. including its research, education, clinical and service missions
- Provides expertise in the development of effective practices to recruit and retain students, faculty, staff and senior administrators from URiM groups, as well as provides guidance to faculty on culturally competent curriculum development and teaching
- Serves as an advocate, mentor, resource and support to students, faculty and staff from URiM groups
- Manages and leads diversity training, education and professional development opportunities for faculty, students, and staff to foster a structurally competent learning environment
- Collaborates with the College’s Office of Diversity and Compliance in responding to incidents related to bias, discrimination and harassment, and in identifying appropriate interventions