Dean CUNY School of Medicine
Reporting to the President of the The City College of New York, Dean Green is the chief academic and administrative officer of the CUNY School of Medicine (CSOM). The Dean appoints and supervises the members of the dean’s administrative staff, including deputy, associate, and assistant deans, and manages the educational and administrative activities of the school. She oversees the administrative and fiscal matters, provides leadership to the development of long-term strategic planning for the growth and enhancement of the programs of CSOM.
• Developing, maintaining, and enhancing CSOM’s educational standards to ensure the academic excellence of the medical program; assuming responsibility for and authority over the content and implementation of the curriculum: ensuring compliance with the bylaws and policies of the Board of Trustees of CUNY, CSOM, and CCNY and all relevant accrediting bodies.
• Recommending to the chancellor, after due internal process, the appointment, promotion, and granting of tenure to eligible members of the faculty of CSOM.
• Appointing and supervising the members of the dean’s administrative staff, including deputy, associate, and assistant deans, and appropriately managing the educational and administrative activities of the school.
• Overseeing the administrative and fiscal matters of CSOM, including overseeing budgets, reviewing and approving grant and contract proposals that entail the participation of CSOM, and holding final authority over decisions related to the assignment of office and laboratory space to programs, departments, or individuals.
• Establishing and overseeing affiliation agreements with institutions that provide educational and training experiences for CSOM’s students.
• Promoting CSOM’s vision and mission, and nurturing by example an environment that promotes these.
• Enhancing CSOM’s long-term and short-term financial resources through collaboration with the Development Office of CCNY and relevant external funders.
• Overseeing CSOM’s student recruitment and admissions processes, and resources to foster a learning environment supportive of students’ academic performance.
• Providing leadership to the development of long-term strategic planning for the growth and improvement of the programs of CSOM.
• Representing CSOM and acting as agent of the president of CCNY at national and local organizations.
Last Updated: 10/04/2021 12:43