Office of Research
The Office of Research is responsible for promoting, supporting, and expanding the research mission within the CSOM.
The office assists faculty in obtaining and managing external federal, state, and private foundation funding and works with the CCNY Office of Research Administration to provide faculty with administrative support for grant submission.
The office facilitates the mentoring of junior faculty, provides workshops on grant writing, and helps to identify funding opportunities for faculty.
The office provides faculty with pre and post-award services. Pre-award services include identifying potential external funding, preparing budgets and other sponsor forms, interpreting sponsor guidelines, and handling subcontract issuance and negotiations.
Post-award services include providing guidance on Research Foundation account management, assisting with sponsor agency requirements and documentation, budget modifications, and no cost extensions, and preparing annual reports.
The Interim Associate Dean for Research oversees the Office of Research and works closely with the CCNY Associate Provost for Research and the CSOM Dean on strategic initiatives to develop research and graduate educational initiatives and on issues regarding regulatory oversight and compliance. The research program specialist assists faculty by providing pre and post award services.
Linda Spatz, Ph.D. Marc Scullin, MA
Acting Deputy Dean Research Program Specialist
Department Office: H-205-J Department Office: H-10-E
Telephone: (212) 650-7703 Telephone: (212) 650-7702
Fax: (212) 650-7583 Fax: (212) 650-7583
CUNY Wide Funding Opportunities
- Internal CUNY Funding
- Limited Funding
- Faculty Travel Program
- GRTI Equipment Funding
- CSOM Collaborative Research Award
- CSOM Collaborative Pilot Research Grant
- GrantForward (CUNY) Funding Search
- Pivot Funding Search Database
Other Funding Opportunities
- Zika Virus Complications Grant - NIH
- Merck Investigator Studies Program
- Comparative Biology of Neurodegeneration Grant – NIH / NIA
- CONquer canCER Now Award - Concern Foundation
- Fc-Dependent Mechanisms of Antibody-Mediated Killing Grant – NIH / NIAID
- Psychosocial Research Pilot Grant - Craig H. Neilsen Foundation
- Molecular and Genetic Characterization of Inborn Errors of Immunity Grant – NIH / NIAID
- Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation Grant
- Self-Management for Health in Chronic Conditions Grant – NIH / NIA
- Spinal Cord Injury Grant - Craig H Neilsen Foundation
- HIV Research & Treatment Grant - Robert Mapplethorpe Foundation
- Proposal Submission Guidelines
- Human Subjects Research / IRB
- Animal Research / IACUC
- Research Training Requirements
- Facilities Page Template
- RF CUNY Grant Pre-Submission Peer Review Program
- Medical Student Research Opportunities
CSOM Spring Seminar Series talks are held in Harris Hall Room 110