The Office of Student Affairs @ CWE is committed to ensuring the professional development and well-being of all CWE students during this pandemic.The physical office will remain closed until further notice. During the fall 2020 semester, the office will continue to operate remotely and is available to all students seeking information and assistance via email and phone.
Our services include career counseling: help with resumes and cover letters; assistance with job search and job interviews; information about graduate school and assistance with the application process; scholarship opportunities. We also offer a CWE Alumni Mentoring Program geared to help you navigate college and beyond.
Feel free to contact Sophia Demetriou at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
- Student Affairs at the Center for Worker Education
- supports the academic mission of City College and the Division of Interdisciplinary Studies by focusing its services and programs on advancing students’ academic achievement and persistence to graduation.
- is dedicated to fostering an environment that promotes the academic, personal, and professional goals of adult learners.
- is committed to enhancing the quality of life for all students in and outside the classroom
- To create innovative, integrated and comprehensive programs and services for all CWE students
- To advance the goals of human development, life-long learning, the attainment of self-awareness, and self-advocacy as well as to cultivate civic responsibility
- To help students navigate the campus and its resources
OUR STRATEGIC PRIORITIES
- Expanding Outreach
- Developing Community
- Creating Professional Networks
Sophia Demetriou, PHD
212 925-6625 X201
Center for Worker Education
Whether students are at the beginning of their studies or close to graduation, Student Affairs services include assistance with career skills development including: writing effective resumes and cover letters; developing successful job search strategies; mastering the job interview; and creating successful networking strategies
We also provide guidance with graduate school planning and support with the application process.
Student Affairs is also a resource for students seeking scholarship information and assistance. Scholarship workshops are also offered.
The Office has a no-appointment required hour every Monday in the Student Lounge.
A Fall & Spring Training Calendar of hour-long and mini express workshops is available each semester.
Career counseling is provided in individualized, one-on-one private sessions. Appointments are required.
Benny’s Campus Store
The CWE Benny’s Campus Store, selling a limited selection of items and gifts, is located in room 7-73. Students can shop for outerwear, hats, drinkware, and decals/stickers.
Last Updated: 02/16/2022 12:24