Before applying for admission we strongly encourage you to attend an Admissions Workshop. This workshop will allow you to find out more about our programs and the application process. We find that students get a more complete picture of our program by hearing from and speaking to an admissions representative. We want you to leave the workshop confident that CWE is the right program for you - before you apply.
Freshman and Transfer Students
- Go to http://www2.cuny.edu/admissions/undergraduate/apply/cuny-application/ and create a account on the CUNY Portal. If you already have an account, log in and update your profile.
- Complete the Undergraduate Freshman or Undergraduate Transfer application.
- Select The City College of New York as your 1st College Choice
- Select one of the following degree codes:
- Early Childhood Education (ECEU-BS)
- Interdisciplinary Arts and Sciences (ILASCWE-BA)
- Complete the online application, make fee payment online, and request official transcripts as directed by the online application. Print out your online application summary when complete and bring it with to your first advising appointment at CWE.
- As soon as you have submitted your online application, call our main reception desk at 212 925 6625 x 0 and sk for a 1-hour appointment with any available academic advisor. Bring copies of your prior transcripts to your appointment (student copies are okay for your initial appointment, but request official copies from your prior schools to be sent directly to us), along with a valid photo ID.
Re-Entry StudentsCall the CWE main reception desk at 212-925-6625 x 0 and make an appointment for any available academic advisor. You will be able to submit a re-entry application in-person at this appointment.
Non-degree, Visiting, or Post-Baccalaureate StudentsCall the CWE main reception desk at 212-925-6625 x 0 and make an appointment with any academic advisor. You will need to bring a copy of your High School Diploma or equivalent and copies of all post-secondary schools attended. You will be able to complete the Non-Degree application at this appointment.
- Applying for Financial Aid: You do not need to wait until you are accepted to apply for Financial Aid. It is advisable to complete your FAFSA and your financial aid application a6 the same time you are completing your admissions application.
- Immunization Records: As per New York State Health Code, students born after 1956 are required to present documentation of vaccination for or immunity to Measles, Mumps and Rubella.
- Permanent Residents and Students Under Valid Work Authorization: You are required to present your Permanent Resident card or your Work Authorization Card in order to qualify for in-state tuition.
Basic Skills Requirements for Admission.