Financial Aid for Undocumented Students

While undocumented students are ineligible for federal (PELL) financial aid, they may qualify for certain state aid and private scholarships, depending on the requirements.

Federal Financial Aid

Students who are U.S. citizens or legal permanent residents with undocumented parents should apply for FAFSA. For more information, please contact the CCNY Financial Aid Office, the Immigrant Student Resource and Research Center, or visit the Undocumented & Immigrant Student Programs webpage for more details.

State Financial Aid

As of Fall 2019, anyone who qualifies for in-state tuition, including undocumented immigrants, qualifies for NYS financial aid, including the Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) provided that the student meets income and other requirements.

In New York, eligible undocumented students can apply at the Higher Education Services Corporation for the New York State Dream Act, Tuition Assistance Program (TAP), and other opportunities.

Check out more information about:

New York State Jose Peralta Dream Act

New York State Excelsior Scholarship

Undocumented students may also qualify for the CUNY SEEK and College Discovery Programs as well as the CUNY ASAP (Accelerated Study in Associate Program). Both programs provide academic and financial support to assist students in completing their degree. For more information, please go to College Discovery & SEEK and CUNY ASAP.

For more information, please contact the CCNY Financial Aid Office or the Immigrant Student Resource and Research Center at .

Source: CUNY Undocumented & Immigrant Student Programs website

Last Updated: 02/09/2024 13:49