How may I contact the Service Desk?
Location: North Academic Center (NAC)
Room: NA 1/301
Phone: (212) 650-7878
Contact the Service Desk (see above) with the following information on hand:
Description of Incident/Request:
Model #s of device and/or computer: (If Applicable)
CIT #s: (If Applicable)
Include your contact information as well:
Cell Phone Number:
Include at least 3 different available time slots for when a technician may contact or visit the user.
We currently have two (2) Wi-Fi connections available:
- The “ccny-wifi” can only be accessed with CCNY email credentials (CCNY email username and password)
- Enter username, which is the first part of your CCNY email address, which comes before the @sign, and your most recent password.
- Only two (2) devices may connect to the “ccny-wifi”
- As a guest at CCNY you are able to access the Wi-Fi by selecting “ccny-guest”. Once you select ccny-guest, you will be prompted to fill out a form with the following information:
- Your Name
- Mobile Number
- Mobile Carrier
- Email Address
Once you fill out the form and click register a temporary password will be emailed to the email you provided, as well as a text message with the temporary password. You must be able to check your e-mail in order to gain access. The password will expire after 24 hours.
What if I don’t have an e-mail account associated with CCNY?
- Guest accounts may be obtained at the Service Desk. Guest must provide photo ID and be able to explain their purpose on campus.
- Guest accounts are not connected with either of the CCNY-affiliated Wi-Fi network.
- Guest accounts do not have printer access.
E-MAIL-Citymail and Webmail
Which browser should I use to access my CCNY email?
How can I get a CCNY e-mail address if I do not already have one?
How do I access my CCNY email?
How do I reset my CCNY email password?
How can I set my CCNY e-mail address to be accessible through my phone/tablet?
The preferred browser for all CUNY and CCNY websites are Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. Internet Explorer and Safari should be used as last resorts, when the preferred browsers are not available.
Students: It is automatically generated based on your CUNYfirst information once you have registered for classes and/or paid your bill.
For Students go to: https://reset.ccny.cuny.edu/student
For Faculty/Staff go to: https://reset.ccny.cuny.edu/staff
Also review Password Guidelines
Should you experience any problems resetting your password via the links above, please contact the Service Desk for further assistance.
Faculty/Staff: page 31 of Webmail Tutorial