Webmail: E-mail Service for Faculty & Staff
The Office of Information Technology (OIT) has deployed the Microsoft Exchange®e-mail service for City College's faculty and staff: Webmail. This new system will replace the Pelican email system and provide an enhanced communications experience for our users by integrating the following features:
- 3GB of email storage space
- Shareable calendar
- Global address book listings of all CCNY faculty, staff, and students
- Web interface integrating email, calendar, address book, and tasks
- Calendar allowing reservations of meeting and conference rooms throughout campus
- Ability to sync emails and calendars across multiple devices
- Malware and spam protection
The previous email system, Pelican, was deployed in 2007 and retired December 2015. The measures taken to upgrade to Webmail were time and labor intensive and necessary. Understanding how vital email is as an official means of communication, replacing this system with a modern, more effective e-mail environment has been our very high priority.
Due to the rich features available in Webmail/Outlook it is highly recommended that all faculty and staff members take full advantage of this system.
Important Notice: Important Procedural Change to Email
On June 1st, 2016, the CCNY Office of Information Technology is required to remove forwarding capabilities from our mail servers to any domain outside of cuny.edu. If you are forwarding email to an outside domain, please prepare for this change. If you need assistance configuring your smart phone or mail client, contact our service desk at 212-650-7878 and we will assist you with configuring a workable solution. >> More Details
To help facilitate any changes the following resources will be available for you:
- A support website is available and will be updated frequently with status updates, common questions and answers (FAQs).
- A quick reference card will be distributed to users upon their migration to Webmail, an electronic copy is available in PDF format Download the PDF
The Pelican email server has been retired from service. All users that have a CCNY email account (@ccny.cuny.edu) have been migrated to the new email system, Webmail.If you are experiencing difficulties accessing your CCNY email account have any questions, please contact the Service Desk (212) 650-7878 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general questions, users can also contact IT Service Desk at (212) 650-7878 or by email at email@example.com.