Requirements to apply to be a MARC student
- Must be a U.S. citizen or hold Permanent Resident Status (i.e., a green card).
- Must belong to a group under-represented in biomedical and behavioral research (these include but are not limited to African-American, Hispanic, Native American or Pacific Islander).
- Must be an undergraduate majoring in Science, Biomedical Engineering, or Psychology, and indicate an intent to pursue graduate training (Ph.D.), NOT a clinical career.
IF YOU INTEND TO APPLY TO MEDICAL SCHOOL YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE!
Must have a GPA of 3.2 or higher and be a full-time student.
Must have completed at least 60 credits, and earned no more than 90 credits in the semester or application (i.e. ideally you will be a Junior).
- Must not have other employment.
Requirements to apply to be a RISE student
- As above but a GPA of 3.0 is sufficient
- Graduate students are also eligible to apply
To apply to either of these programs, download and complete the application form. You must also have 2 faculty members submit reference letters on your behalf. These should be submitted to the MARC/RISE office J416.