Instructions for using the ApplyYourself application portal for the Postbaccalaureate Premedical Certificate Program
Please do not hesitate to send an email to email@example.com if you experience any issue with your application process.
Please follow these carefully to ensure that your application is complete. Read the entire set of directions before you begin your application. You will need to have the following ready for your application:
• Unofficial transcripts from each post-secondary (i.e. college, university or other programs beyond high school) that you have attended. Note that you must have received a Bachelor’s degree from a U.S. institution to apply to this program.
• A personal statement that explains your pervious academic background, your motivation to pursue a career in medicine, and a description of your career goals.
• Contact information for three people who will submit letters of recommendation on your behalf.
We use the ApplyYourself portal for all applications. This site has been designed for the CCNY Graduate Programs but has been modified to suit our program’s needs. Some language and alerts may not apply, so please follow the steps below carefully.
1. Create an account on the ApplyYourself portal. Choose “Division of Science,” “Health Professions Preparation,” and “Certificate” where appropriate. Close the browser tab. Do not proceed with your application further until you receive an email with the subject “Application Account Creation.” Click on the link that says “Application URL” to relaunch the portal.
2. The first page is the “Program Information” page. Choose “College of Liberal Arts and Sciences” as the School of Interest, “Health Professions Preparation” for Program of Study, leave Certification Track blank (this is for School of Education only) and “Certificate” for Intended degree. Choose a Fall date for the term.
3. On the next two pages, fill out your personal and citizenship info. (Note that this program cannot provide I-20’s at this time.)
4. Complete the educational history for each undergraduate program you have attended. You must upload unofficial transcripts to the site (Mac users, be sure to add the extension – e.g. .pdf, .doc, etc. - to these file names before attempting to upload them. Note that high school dates of attendance must be completed and must follow the format shown on the site. You must have received a Bachelor’s degree from a U.S. institution to apply to this program.
5. The next page asks about standardized tests. The Postbac program does not require GRE’s or other standardized tests, so save and continue your application.
6. On the next page you will be asked to upload a personal statement. Be sure to follow the directions on this page for the Health Professions Preparation program.
7. The next page is for additional information. None is required, however be sure to answer all required questions.
8. The final step is to provide contact information for three people who will be asked to submit letters of recommendation for this program. We strongly advise you to contact these three individuals ahead of time so that they know that you are applying to a postbaccalaureate certificate program for premedical studies. The automatic email that will be sent to them asks them to comment on your ability to succeed in graduate school. They should submit their answers as they relate to our program.
9. Logout of your session before closing the tab. Failure to do so will result in errors. Follow the instructions if you receive these errors to resolve.
10. Finally, note that we will not send reminders to your recommenders. YOU and YOU ALONE are responsible for monitoring whether or not your recommenders have submitted letters on your behalf on time. If you need to send a reminder to any of them, click the “Resend” button on the “My Applications” page.
Last Updated: 02/01/2022 14:38