Share This

FAQs: Issues in Engaged Scholarship

Colin Powell School for Civic and Global Leadership (incorporating the Colin Powell Center)

FAQs: Issues in Engaged Scholarship

  1. What areas of interest does Issues in Engaged Scholarship cover?
    Issues in Engaged Scholarship focuses on
    • questions of service-learning, including student-learning outcomes, community impact, and leadership development;
    • community-based research through which faculty and community organizations jointly address a specific community problem or policy dilemma; and
    • a wide range of other campus-community collaborations, such as internships, fieldwork, community development initiatives, and college-access programs.
  2. Can I post a reprint of an article I’ve published previously in a journal?
    The answer depends on your author’s agreement with the journal. If posting your article as a reprint on the site will not violate your copyright agreement, you're welcome to send us your article to be considered for inclusion in the working papers series. Information about the permission agreements of many journal publishers can be found at SHERPA/RoMEO.
  3. Do I retain copyright of the working papers published under my name?
    Authors retain copyright of their work published in the working paper series.  We takes a Creative Commons-Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works approach in which individuals are free to copy and distribute a work, with the following restrictions:

    • Attribution: The work must be attributed in the manner specified by the author or licensor.
    • Noncommercial: The work may not be used for commercial purposes.
    • No Derivative Works: Users may not alter or transform this work.
    For more information on Creative Commons agreements, click here.

  4. Can I obtain a printed, “hard-copy” version of a working paper?
    Working papers are collected into an annual volume, which may be themed. Papers that are not included in an annual volume will be available online only.
  5. Can I make a revision to a working paper or other publication that is already posted?
    Editorial changes or updated versions of working papers or other publications are permitted under some, limited circumstances. Please contact, for more information.
  6. What do I do if my working paper is accepted for publication elsewhere after it is published?
    If your working paper appears elsewhere in print or online, please provide us with a full citation, including the new title, if appropriate, journal name or url, year, volume number, page number, and publisher.
  7. May I submit related files (audio or video clips or data files) alongside the published work?
    Yes, if the files are integral to the work.