Ahmed Ali A. Mohamed (El-Tallawy) is an Associate Professor of Electrical Engineering (EE) at the City College of the City University of New York (CUNY). He is the EE PhD Program Advisor, and the director of the CUNY Smart Grid Interdependencies Laboratory (http://smartgrid.ccny.cuny.edu). Prof. Mohamed serves as an Associate Editor for the IEEE Transactions on Transportation Electrification, IEEE Access, MDPI Energies, and a moderator for IEEE TechRxiv.
Prof. Mohamed received his Ph.D. degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering from Florida International University in 2013. His research work is supported through funds from various companies and national funding agencies, e.g. Con Edison, the National Science Foundation, and New York State Energy Research and Development Authority. His research interests include critical infrastructure interdependencies, smart grid resilience, microgrids, and transportation electrification. He has numerous publications in these fields as book chapters, and articles in premier journals and conference proceedings.
Prof. Mohamed is the recipient of the 2019 NSF CAREER Award, among several other honors and awards. Several of Prof. Mohamed's papers received prestigious awards, such as the IEEE Electric Machinery Committee Best Paper Award.
Prof. Mohamed served on review panels for several national and international funding agencies, e.g. the US Department of Energy, the US National Science Foundation, and the Chilean National Science and Technology Commission. He is the Advisor of the CCNY chapters of IEEE PES/IAS/PELS and HKN. He is a Senior Member of the IEEE and has held several IEEE executive positions.
·Ph.D., Electrical and Computer Engineering, Florida International University, 2013.
·M.S., Electrical Engineering, Minia University, Egypt, 2009.
·B.S., Electrical Engineering, Minia University, Egypt, 2006.
- Elements of Power Systems (EE 455)
- Entrepreneurship in Renewable Energy Systems (EE 59894/ME 59905/CSC 59920/ECO 41250)
- Power Systems (EE G3301)
- Renewable Energy (EE G6910)
- Power Electronics (EE G3303)
Power and Energy Systems, Smart Grids, Critical Infrastructure Interdependencies, Microgrids, and Transportation Electrification.
- A. Mohamed, A. Reid, and T. Lamb, “White Paper on Wayside Energy Storage for Regenerative Braking Energy Recuperation in the Electric Rail System,” Con Edison, 2018.
- M. Saleh, Y. Esa and A. Mohamed, “Impact of Communication Latency on the Bus Voltage of Centrally Controlled DC Microgrid during Islanding,” IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy, 2018.
- M. Khodaparastan, O. Dutta, M. Saleh and A. Mohamed, “Modeling of DC Electric Rail Transit Systems with Wayside Energy Storage,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, 2018.
- M. Khodaparastan, W. Brandauer and A. Mohamed, “Regenerative Braking Energy Recuperation in DC Electric Rail Systems,” IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, 2018.
- M. Saleh, Y. Esa and A. Mohamed, “Communication Based Control for DC Microgrids,” IEEE Transactions on Smart Grids, 2018.
- M. Saleh, Y. Esa and A. Mohamed, “Applications of Complex Network Analysis in Electric Power Systems,” Energies, vol. 11(6), no. 1381, 2018.
- A. Mohamed, A. El-Sayed and T. Youssef, “Hierarchical Control for DC Microgrid Clusters with High Penetration of Distributed Energy Resources,” ELSEVIER Electric Power Systems Research, vol. 148, pp. 210-219, July 2017.
- A. Mohamed, V. Salehi, T. Ma and O. Mohammed, “Real-Time Energy Management Algorithm for Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicle Charging Parks Involving Sustainable Energy,” IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 577-586, April 2014.
- M. Barzegaran, Ahmed Mohamed, Tarek Youssef, O.A. Mohammed“Electromagnetic signature study of the power converter connected to an electric motor drives,” IEEE Transaction on Magnetics, vol. 50, no. 2, Feb. 2014.
- A. Mohamed and O. Mohammed, “Real-Time Energy Management Scheme for Hybrid Renewable Energy Systems in Smart Grid Applications,” Electric Power System Research, vol. 96, pp. 133-143, March. 2013.
- A. Mohamed, V. Salehi, O. Mohammed, “Real-Time Energy Management Algorithm for Mitigation of Pulse Loads in Hybrid Microgrids,” IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 1911-1922, Dec. 2012.
- A. Mohamed, M. Elshaer, O. Mohammed, “Control Enhancement of Power Conditioning Units for High Quality PV Systems,”Electric Power Systems Research, vol. 90, pp. 30-41, Sept. 2012.
- V. Salehi, A. Mohamed, A. Mazloomzadeh, O. Mohammed, “Laboratory-Based Smart Power System, Part I: Design and System Development,” IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 1394-1404, Sept. 2012.