Barry M. Gross
Areas of Expertise/Research
Barry M. Gross
Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, City University of New York, New York, 1992.
M.S., Electrical Engineering, City University of New York, New York, 1988.
B.A., Physics and Mathematics, Yeshiva University, New York, 1987.
Nonlinear optics, photonic devices, and soliton communications.
- “ Superluminescence from a stochastically prepared, inverted optically dense two-level system” Laser Physics 8: 925 (1998) - with J.T. Manassah
- “ Amplification by an optically dense resonant two-level system embedded in a dielectric medium”, Opt. Comm. 155: 213 (1998) with J.T. Manassah
- “ Generation of two colors echos in a coherently prepared Lambda-configuration medium”, Opt. Comm. 156: 123 (1998) with J.T. Manassah
- “ The femtosecond (1, 2, 1)-d spatio-temporal superspike”, Opt. Comm. 158: 105 (1998) with J.T. Manassah
- “ Destructive multiphoton interference in optical coherent transients” ; Quantum Electronics and Laser Science Conference (QELS 2000) TOPS 40 250. F. Moshary, B. M. Gross, Y. Zhang, and S. A. Ahmed, S. R. Hartmann
- “ A comparison of methods to estimate particle size distribution parameters and associated errors from multiwavelength optical coefficients”; Conference on Lasers and Electrooptics (CLEO 2000) TOPS 40 138 B. Herman, B. M. Gross, F. Moshary, and S. A. Ahmed
- " Analysis of a Multi-angle FOV Forward Scattering Probe," Barry Gross, Fred Moshary, Yiping Zhang, Samir Ahmed, Lidar Remote Sensing for Industry and Environment Monitoring II, Upendra N. Singh, Editor, Proceedings of SPIE Vol. 4484, 55 (2001).
- “Analysis of an iterative multiwavelength lidar scheme to determine vertically inhomogeneous aerosol profiles”. Barry Gross, Ben Herman, Fred Moshary, Samir Ahmed, International Laser Radar Conference ILRC Quebec (2002)
- “Regional East Atmospheric Lidar Mesonet: REALM”, R. M. Hoff et. al., International Laser Radar Conference ILRC Quebec (2002).
- “Ocean Color Spectrum” : Featured Contribution. Karl-Heinz Szekielda, Samir Ahmed, Barry Gross, Jorge Peche and Yiping Zhang Backscatter, the journal of the Association of Marine Remote Sensing (AMRS). 18 (2002)