Additional Departments/Affiliated Programs
Areas of Expertise/Research
North Academic Center
George Wolberg is a Professor of Computer Science at the City College of New York / CUNY. He received the B.S. and M.S. degrees in Electrical Engineering from Cooper Union in 1985, and the Ph.D. degree in Computer Science from Columbia University in 1990. He has published over 70 research papers in image processing, computer graphics, and computer vision, and holds five U.S. patents. He is the author of "Digital Image Warping" (IEEE Computer Society Press, 1990), the first comprehensive monograph on warping and morphing. Prof. Wolberg has been awarded research grants from NSF, NASA, ONR, AFOSR, and DOE. He is also the recipient of the NSF Presidential Young Investigator Award (1991), the CCNY Outstanding Teaching Award (1997), and the NYC Mayor's Award for Excellence in Science and Technology (2000). He is a Senior Member of the IEEE, and a member of ACM SIGGRAPH. His research interests include image processing, computer graphics, and computer vision. Website
- Ph.D. (CS), Columbia University , 1990
- M.E (EE), Cooper Union , 1985
- B.E. (EE), Cooper Union , 1985
- H.S. Diploma, Stuyvesant High School , 1981
- CSc 211: Fundamentals of Computer Systems
- CSc 59866: Senior Capstone
- CSc 470: Image Processing
- CSc 472: Computer Graphics
- Image Processing: image reconstruction, restoration, enhancement, filtering
- Computer Graphics: warping, morphing, terrain rendering, visual effects
- Computer Vision: image registration, scattered data interpolation
- Ioannis Stamos, Lingyun Liu, Chao Chen, George Wolberg, Gene Yu, and Siavash Zokai, "Integrating Automated Range Registration with Multiview Geometry for the Photorealistic Modeling of Large-Scale Scenes," Intl. Journal of Computer Vision , vol. 78, no. 2-3, pp. 237-260, July 2008.
- Gene Yu, Michael Grossberg, George Wolberg, and Ioannis Stamos, "Think Globally, Cluster Locally: A Unified Framework for Range Segmentation," 4th Intl. Symposium on 3D Data Processing, Visualization, and Transmission (3DPVT08), June, 2008.
- Zhigang Zhu, Weihong Li, Edgardo Molina, and George Wolberg, "LDV Sensing and Processing for Remote Hearing in a Multimodal Surveillance System," Proc. IEEE Conf. on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, June 2007.
- Weihong Li, Zhigang Zhu, and George Wolberg, "Remote Voice Acquisition in Multimodel Surveillance," Proc. IEEE Conf. on Multimedia and Expo (ICME 2006) , pp. 1649-1652, Toronto, Canada, July, 2006.
- Lingyun Liu, Ioannis Stamos, Gene Yu, George Wolberg, and Siavash Zokai, "Multiview Geometry for Texture Mapping 2D Images Onto 3D Range Data," Proc. IEEE Conf. on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, pp. 2293-2300, New York City, June 2006.
- Ioannis Stamos, Gene Yu, George Wolberg, and Siavash Zokai, "3D Modeling Using Planar Segments and Mesh Elements," 3rd Intl. Symposium on 3D Data Processing, Visualization, and Transmission (3DPVT06), pp. 599-606, June, 2006.
- Hao Tang, Zhigang Zhu, and George Wolberg, "Dynamic 3D Urban Scene Modeling Using Multiple Pushbroom Mosaics," 3rd Intl. Symposium on 3D Data Processing, Visualization, and Transmission, pp. 456-463, June, 2006.
- Siavash Zokai and George Wolberg, "Image Registration Using Log-Polar Mappings for Recovery of Large-Scale Similarity and Projective Transformations," IEEE Transactions on Image Processing , vol. 14, no. 10, pp. 1422-1434, October 2005.