Postdoc, Center of Engineering for Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts General Hospital and
Shriners Hospital for Children, Boston, MA
Ph.D., Biomedical Engineering, University of Texas at Austin
M.S., Biomedical Engineering, University of Memphis
B.S., Biomedical Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, China
BME504 Cell and Tissue Engineering
BME502 Cell and Tissue Transport
BME310 Experimental Methods in BME
BME450 and BME460 BME Senior Design I and II
BME I2000 Cell and Tissue Engineering
BME G7000 Laboratory in Cell and Molecular Engineering
Cell and Tissue Engineering, BioMEMS and Thermal Medicine
- Microfluidic cell/tissue devices for signaling network studies and high throughput drug screening
- Thermal medicine involving nanotechnology and stress responses (e.g. heat shock) for cancer therapy, tissue injury protection and repair
- Three dimensional tissue engineering using BioMEMS and/or stem cells for regeneration medicine and toxicity study
- A. H. Rezwanuddin Ahmed, Zeynep Dereli‐Korkut, Joanne Haeun Lee, Sidra Piracha, M. Lane Gilchrist, Xuejun Jiang and Sihong Wang, “Apoptosis detection via automated algorithms to analyze biomarker translocation in reporter cells”, Biotechnology and Bioengineering, January 20, 2020 (doi: 10.1002/bit.27280). One image of the paper figures was selected as a cover image in the journal v. 117, no. 5, May, 2020. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/epdf/10.1002/bit.27045
- Rachel L. Mintz, Yeh‐Hsing Lao, Chun‐Wei Chi, Siyu He, Mingqiang Li, Chai Hoon Quek, Dan Shao, Boyuan Chen, Jing Han, Sihong Wang and Kam W. Leong, “CRISPR/Cas9‐mediated mutagenesis to validate the synergy between PARP1 inhibition and chemotherapy in BRCA1‐mutated breast cancer cells”, Bioengineering and Translational Medicine, 13 December 2019 (doi: 10.1002/btm2.10152).
- Chenghai Li, Kristifor Sunderic, Steven B. Nicoll, Sihong Wang, “Downregulation of HSP70 Impairs Osteogenic and Chondrogenic Differentiation in Human Mesenchymal Stem Cells”, Scientific Reports, January 18, 2018. https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-017-18541-1
- Maria Pilar Carreras and Sihong Wang, "A multifunctional microfluidic platform for generation, trapping and release of droplets in a double laminar flow", Journal of Biotechnology, 251 (2017), 106-111.
- Chun-Wei Chi, A.H. Rezwanuddin Ahmed, Zeynep Dereli-Korkut, and Sihong Wang, “Microfluidic cell chips for high throughput drug screening”, Bioanalysis, May 2016 ,Vol. 8, No. 9, Pages 921-937 , DOI 10.4155/bio-2016-0028 (doi:10.4155/bio-2016-0028)
- Zeynep Dereli-Korkut, Dogus Akaydin, A.H.R. Ahmed, Xuejun Jiang, and Sihong Wang, “Three Dimensional Microfluidic Cell Arrays for Ex Vivo Drug Screening with Mimicked Vascular flow”, Analytical Chemistry, 2014 Mar 18;86(6):2997-3004. PubMed PMID: 24568664. PLUS One, March 14, 2014; 9(3): e91561
- Jing Chen*, Chenghai Li*, Sihong Wang, “Periodic Heat Shock Accelerated the Chondrogenic Differentiation of Human Mesenchymal Stem Cells in Pellet Culture", PLUS One, March 14, 2014; 9(3): e91561. PubMed PMID: 24632670. http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0091561
- Zeynep Dereli-Korkut*, Harmeet Gandhok*, Ling Ge Zeng, Sidra Piracha, Xuejun Jiang, and Sihong Wang, “Real-Time Detection of Cellular Death Receptor-4 Activation by Fluorescence Resonance Energy Transfer”, Biotechnology and Bioengineering. 2013 May;110(5):1396-404. PubMed PMID: 23239419.
- Jing Chen, Zhongdong Shi, Xinying Ji, Jorge Morales, Navneet Kaur, Jingwei Zhang, Sihong Wang, “Periodic Heat Shock Enhances Osteogenic Differentiation of Human Mesenchymal Stem Cells in Self-assembling Peptide Hydrogel”, Tissue Engineering Part A, 2013 Mar;19(5-6):716-28. PubMed PMID: 23072422. http://online.liebertpub.com/doi/pdfplus/10.1089/ten.tea.2012.0070.
- Sihong Wang and Deepak Nagrath, “Liver Tissue Engineering”, Biomaterials for Tissue Engineering Applications: A Review of the Past and Future Trends, April, 2011, p389-419.
- Sihong Wang, Pohun C. Chen, Francois Berthiaume, Mehmet Toner, Arul Jayaraman and Martin L. Yarmush, “Dynamic effect of heat shock pretreatment on apoptosis responses to TNF-α in liver cells”, Journal of Biomechanical Engineering, 131(7):071003, July, 2009.
- Sihong Wang*, Deepak Nagrath*, Pohun C. Chen, François Berthiaume and Martin L. Yarmush, “Three dimensional primary hepatocyte culture in self-assembling peptide hydrogel”, Tissue Engineering Part A,14(2):227-36, February, 2008.
- Sihong Wang, Weijun Xie, Philip W. Tucker, Shanti Aggawal, Kenneth R. Diller, “HSP70 kinetics study by continuous observation of HSP-GFP fusion protein expression on a perfusion heating stage,” Biotechnology and Bioengineering, Vol 99, No. 1, 146-54, January 1, 2008.
- Kevin R. King, Sihong Wang, Arul Jayaraman, Martin L. Yarmush and Mehmet Toner, “Microfluidic flow-encoded switching for parallel control of dynamic cellular microenvironments”, Lab on a Chip, 8(1):107-16, January, 2008.
- Kevin R. King*, Sihong Wang*, Arul Jayaraman, Mehmet Toner and Martin L. Yarmush, “A high-throughput microfluidic real-time gene expression living cell array”, Lab on a Chip, 7(1):77-85, January, 2007.
- Marissa N. Rylander, Kenneth R. Diller, Sihong Wang, Shanti J. Aggarwal, “Correlation of HSP70 expression and cell viability following thermal stimulation of bovine aortic endothelial cells,” Journal of Biomechanical Engineering, 2005, 127, p751-757.
- Sihong Wang, Kenneth R. Diller, Shanti J. Aggarwal, “The kinetics study of endogenous heat shock protein 70 expression,” Journal of Biomechanical Engineering, 2003, 125, p794-797.
- Wilburn E. Reddick, Sihong Wang, Xiaoping Xiong, John O. Glass, Shengjie Wu, Sue C. Kaste, Charles B. Pratt, William H. Meyer, Barry D. Fletcher, “Dynamic magnetic resonance imaging of regional contrast access as an additional prognostic factor in pediatric osteosarcoma”, Cancer, 2001, 91:12, p2230-2237.
* Equal contribution