This is an opportunity to become a part of one of the oldest and most powerful financial companies in the US. They are looking for candidates who have an interest in the highly competitive financial industry (all majors welcome). Those who possess the right characteristics will learn to assist our clients in managing their portfolios and investment strategies. The successful candidate will provide savings and protection solutions to help clients plan for all of life’s circumstances, both expected and unexpected.
Gain Experience / Training in:
- Application of sales and financial software functions.
- Research regarding potential clients and information useful for a sales team.
- The company’s objectives, environment, techniques, and strategies that are used daily.
- Building your own client portfolio.
- Assessing client’s overall financial picture, understand their needs and develop a solid financial plan.
Desired Abilities & Experience:
- Must be highly organized and resilient.
- Accuracy, attention to detail and the ability to explain complex information clearly and simply.
- Strong communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Able to build rapport.
- Able to work well work in a team setting.
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree.
Responsibilities / Learning Objectives:
- Creating and maintaining folders for our clients; booking reservations, sending out marketing material to current and potential clients.
- Research that supports the team, such as performing Internet searches for potential clients and gathering information that could be useful to the sales team when pitching a product or service.
- Liaise with underwriters and administrative assistants from other departments.
- Building relationships with the team.
This internship is FOR CREDIT ONLY.
If you are interested in this internship, contact Dr. Richard Paino (email@example.com) and reference NYL-1.