Seeking a college student who is looking for an internship working in a fast-paced ACCOUNTING environment. This 27-year-old company provides valuable services to numerous high-profile clients. They are a well-established organization that is just a couple of blocks from Penn Station. If you want to immerse yourself in Accounting activities and come away with hands-on business experience and marketable job skills, this may be the place to start. They promote a positive work environment and understanding of their business. This is a great opportunity for college students to gain both school credit and knowledge of the Accounting field.
This internship is for school credits only (2-3 credits, unpaid).
Gain Experience / Training in:
- Applications of accounting functions.
- Day to day functions of accounting, allowing you to see different aspects of the field.
- Assisting with bank reconciliations.
- Making journal entries.
- Working on balance sheets and spreadsheets.
- The company’s objectives, environment, techniques, and strategies that are used daily.
Desired Abilities & Experience:
- Must be highly organized and conscientious (critically important).
- Must be highly attentive to details and accuracy (critically important).
- Has a propensity to be curious and ask questions.
- Pursuing an associates or bachelor’s degree.
- No required experience.
Responsibilities / Learning Objectives:
- Observing different areas of financial activities.
- Assisting with processing bank reconciliations.
- Shadowing finance professionals to learn the day to day business responsibilities.
- Learn functions in finance to gain experience in a variety of accounting functions.
- Learn how to accurately make journal entries.
- Hands on work with balance sheets and spreadsheets.
- Building relationships with your colleagues.
Salary: $0.00 /hour
The intern must be available to work up to 10 hours per week.