Seeking a college student who is looking for an internship working in a fast-paced payroll environment. This 31-year-old company provides valuable services to numerous high-profile clients. They are a well-established organization that is just a couple of blocks from Penn Station. If you want to immerse yourself in Payroll activities and come away with hands-on business experience and marketable job skills, this may be the place to start. They promote a positive work environment and understanding of their business. This is a great opportunity for college students to gain both school credit and knowledge of the payroll field.
Gain Experience / Training in:
- Process weekly payroll using payroll system.
- Check new hire data that all information is input to payroll including basic demographic info, scheduled hours, union status, etc.
- Research payroll discrepancies and notify manager of necessary corrections.
- Ensure changes to employee data are reflected in payroll in a timely manner.
- Ensure company is in compliance with FLSA standards.
- Support Operations team on day-to-day basis with timekeeping and payroll.
- Employee Contact for questions concerning payroll (discrepancies, changes to data, timeclock punches, etc.).
- Prepare payroll reports for senior management.
Desired Abilities & Experience:
- Must be highly organized and conscientious (critically important).
- Must be highly attentive to details and accuracy (critically important).
- Has a propensity to be curious and ask questions.
- Pursuing an associates or bachelor’s degree.
- No required experience. You will be trained and be guided by the payroll supervisor.
- Our office will be open Monday to Thursday from 9-5pm, and we will work and coordinate a schedule with the student.
Responsibilities / Learning Objectives:
- Observing different areas of Human Resources activities.
- Shadowing the Payroll Supervisor to learn the day-to-day responsibilities.
- Hands on project with scanning important paperwork for associate’s files.
- Building relationships with the team.
Salary: $0.00 /hour
The intern must be available to work between 9 and 15 hours per week.
To apply for this internship, contact Professor Richard Paino ( email@example.com ) immediately (Reference: UBM-5)
Last Updated: 07/06/2023 16:15