All reimbursement requests should be submitted to:
Research Finance Manager
The City College of New York
Wille Administration Bldg., Rm. 218B
160 Convent Avenue
New York, NY 10031
Please follow these procedures carefully:
- Submit reimbursement request with a memo stating the purpose of travel. Do not forget to include the faculty member’s address.
- Sign or e-sign the travel form (see below).
- Please attach original receipts to white sheets of paper using scotch tape to allow them to be scanned easily.
- Submit agenda/conference flier/name tag from conference.
- Submit credit card statement showing charges the boarding passes for air or train travel are no longer available.
- Please include zero balance hotel invoices.
- Please submit reimbursement request within one month of return from travel.
- Please do not staple papers together. Use paperclips instead.
- No double-sided printouts please.
The travel form can be found here.
Please adhere to the following guidelines when purchasing your ticket:
- Economy class is required for all travel with the exception of train travel via Amtrak Business Class between any two stations on the Boston/Washington, D.C. route.
- All air transportation must be reserved in economy class on U.S. Flag air carriers whenever available, per the Fly America Act, or on an authorized European Union carrier per the US-EU Open Skies
- Agreement or on a Swiss, Australian or Japanese carrier, as permitted under separate government agreements.
- For U.S. air carriers that have code-sharing agreements with foreign air carriers, other than European countries, Switzerland, Australia or Japan, a ticket must be issued with the U.S. air carrier’s call letters and flight number to qualify for reimbursement.
- Written justification must be provided whenever a foreign air carrier must be used. Lower cost is not an acceptable justification for use of a foreign carrier instead of a U.S. carrier.