1. The Writing Center’s services are available only to matriculated CCNY students. We provide an academic, studious, and nonjudgmental space to learn, write, and study.
2. We offer help with planning, drafting, and revising, but we are not a proofreading or editing service.
3. Students may have up to three tutoring sessions per week. Of those three possible sessions, students may have up to two pre-scheduled appointments. Students may have one session per day.
4. Appointments are booked with the Front Desk in person, by phone, and on our website.
5. Walk-in students must come in the hour before they would like to work with a tutor in order to be added to the waiting list. This must be done in person.
6. Walk-in students will be served if tutors are available.
7. Sessions begin at the top of the hour and end 50 minutes after the hour. Appointments will be held for five minutes or for ten minutes if we receive a phone call prior to a scheduled session.
8. Students may be seated for tutoring up to ten minutes after the hour.
9. Students must have a printed copy of their assignments to work with a tutor.
10. Tutors work with individual students. We do not have group tutoring.
11. Students may request specific tutors if available.
12. Students may request confirmation slips (proof of session) from their tutor at the beginning or end of the session. Students may ask for a confirmation slip up to one week after their appointment.
13. Students must spend at least 30 minutes working with a tutor in order to receive a confirmation slip.
14. Students may request Long-Term Appointments at the beginning of the semester.
15. Appointments cannot be made on the same day, but students may ask to be added to the waiting list.
16. Cancellations must be made 24 hours in advance.
17. Three no-shows a semester will suspend a student’s ability to make appointments for that semester.
18. No food or drink is allowed in the Writing Center.
19. Respectful, academic, and supportive behavior and service are expected and provided.
20. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone not following our policies and procedures.