Managing Director, Tech Entrepreneurship
The Zahn Innovation Center was established in early 2013 with the goal of activating the Harlem maker community and City College entrepreneurs. We offer state-of-the-art prototyping facilities, co-working spaces and extensive incubator and accelerator programs for early-stage NYC startups.
The Center offers over $140,000 in funding for student-led ventures through our competitions, which target connected hardware, software and social entrepreneurs. We provide access to mentors across industries, legal services, rapid prototyping and other programming. We incubate more than 35 startups each year.
The Center is looking for a dynamic Director to manage its tech startup programming, and oversee a prototyping lab for our hardware and software startups with a focus on connected devices. The Director must have prior entrepreneurial experience and a technical background. The Director will report to the Executive Director of the Zahn Innovation Center and will manage a full-time engineer.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Oversee annual entrepreneurship competitions with prizes totaling $140,000
- Provide guidance and oversee milestones for the tech startups incubated at the Center
- Create and nurture a network of advisors both internal and external to CCNY
- Manage a semester-long bootcamp, one-off workshops, and other educational initiatives for tech entrepreneurs at the incubator and students across the campus
- Serve on the leadership team of the Center
- Manage a full-time engineer and other support staff as needed
Qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelorâ€™s Degree or higher in engineering, computer science or related field
- Minimum of three yearsâ€™ experience at a tech startup, tech company or other deep involvement in the tech ecosystem
- A strong grasp of either software and hardware development, and the tools needed for rapid prototyping
- Strong leadership and program management skills
How to Apply