IF THIS IS AN EMERGENCY SITUATION AND YOU FEEL THAT YOU ARE IN DANGER, OFF CAMPUS CALL 911 OR ON CAMPUS CALL CCNY PUBLIC SAFETY AT 212-650-7777.
The Psychological Counselor: Confidential Advocate in the Office of Diversity and Compliance provides confidential crisis support to students and employees who have experienced gender-based violence. This includes sexual violence, sexual harassment, gender-based harassment, stalking or intimate/domestic violence.
Regardless of when you experienced the violence, if you are in need of support you can call the Psychological Counselor: Confidential Advocate at 212-650-8905. Hours are Monday-Friday from 9am-5pm.
Emergencies after hours, weekends, holidays your options are:
- Contact Public Safety at 212-650-7777 (Not Confidential: Required to report information to Title IX Coordinator)
- Visit your nearest SAFE emergency room
- 24 Hour Hotlines
- The Rape, Abuse and Incest, National Network (RAINN): 1-800-656-4673
- The National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255
If you have been sexually assaulted within the past 96 hours (4 days), it is important to know your options for proper medical intervention and legal protection. If you have been hurt, please visit one of the following emergency rooms.
- Mount Sinai St. Luke’s Crime Victim Treatment Services
Mount Sinai St. Luke’s Emergency Department
1111 Amsterdam Avenue (at 113th Street)
Mount Sinai West Emergency Department
1000 10th Avenue (at 59th Street)
Lenox Health Greenwich Village
30 7th Avenue (at 13th Street)
If you are not near Mount Sinai St. Luke’s or Lenox Greenwich Village, click visit: List of NYC’s Sexual Assault Forensic Examiner (SAFE) Centers of Excellence
Reporting to Police
- New York Police Department
To find your local precinct click here.
- NYPD Special Victims Division 24 Hour Hotline
- New York State Campus Sexual Assault Victim’s Unit Hotline
Last Updated: 06/23/2023 11:27