- May 10 Dr. Hanghang Tong: "Algorithms to Affect Influence Propagation on Large Graphs"
- May 10 Prof. Robert Haralick: "Relation Decomposition and Estimation of Causal System Structure"
- May 9 Math/CS colloquium talk was presented by Joel J. Fleck II from HP Labs entitled "Model-driven Adaptive Management for Highly Distributed Systems"
- May 8 Dr. Jingrui He: "Heterogeneity Meets Rarity: Mining Multi-Faceted Diamond"
- May 3 Dr. Leonid Gurvits: "The Monomer-Dimer Problem, Stable (a.k.a. hyperbolic) Homogeneous Polynomials, and the Bethe Approximation"
- May 1 Dr. Anindya Banerjee: "Experiments in Mechanized Verification"
- April 26 Dr. Rosario Gennaro: "Securing Cloud Computing: How to Outsource Computation to Untrusted Workers"
- April 24 Dr. Frank Wood: "From the sequence memoizer to the infinite, structured, explicit-duration hidden Markov model: recent developments in expressive, general-purpose, computationally-efficient probabilistic modeling"
- April 19 Dr. Itamar Arel: "Breaking the Curse of Dimensionality in Large-scale Decision Making Systems with Deep Reinforcement Learning"
- April 3 Dr. Samantha Kleinberg: "Causality, Probability, and Time"
- March 15 Math/CS colloquium talk was presented by Dr. Howard Straubing from Boston College entitled "What Can You Say in First-Order Logic? An Algebraic Perspective".
- March 13 Dr. Chee Yap from Department of Computer Science and Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences of NYU gave a talk on "Theory of Soft Subdivision Search and Motion Planning" (Hosted by Prof. Peter Brass).
- March 6 Math/CS colloquium talk was presented by Dr. Azita Mayeli from Queensborough Community College entitled "An introduction to frames and wavelet frames".
- February 21 The second Math/CS colloquium talk was presented by Dr. John Iacon from Polytechnic Institute of NYU entitled "The Geometry of Binary Search Trees".
- February 14 Math/CS colloquium talk was presented by Dr. Ralph Kopperman from CCNY entitled "Two uses of topology in computing".
- November 29 Dr. Jonathan Lenchner: "Practical Geometric Problems with Robotic Mapping and Monitoring of Data Centers
- November 23 ACM talk on Cyber Security
- October 20 Stephen Linton: "The HPCGAP Project: Towards High Performance Computational Algebra with GAP"
- October 5 Applications of Graph Theory to Visual Cryptography. Professor S. Arumugam, Kalasalingam University, India.
- November 12 Steps Toward Self-Aware Networks
- September 11 Faces of Modern Cryptography
- March 12 ACM : Club Talk - Dr. Perlin
- June 16 Dr. Jianting Zhang: Data Integration and Visual Analytics in Geospatial Data Processing: Multidisciplinary Research Practices and Prospects
- March 13 Dr. Nelly Fazio : Tackling the Content Protection Challenge
- March 11 Dr. Umut Topkara : Infusing Usability Into Security Through Natural Language
- March 07 Dr. William Skeith : Privacy Preserving Data-Mining
- March 04 Joe-Kai Tsay: Cryptographically Sound Analysis of Basic and Public-key Kerberos
- February 29 Dr. M. Murat Dundar: Remote Sensing Data Analysis in the Presence of Limited Training Data
- November 20 Mr. Abdelmounaam Rezgui: Enable Web-based, Real-time Geographic Information Systems through Service-Oriented Sensor Networks and Semantic Integration of Spatial Data.
- November 15 Dr. Wee Keong Ng : A Platform for Secure Data Sharing and Data Mining
- November 08 Dr. Robert Pless spoke on Passive Vision: A Year in the Life of 1000 Outdoor Webcams
- October 04 Dr. Carola Wenk: Navigating car traffic
- May 02 Prof. Xiaolei Huang : Free-form Deformable Shape and Appearance Models.
- April 25 Prof. Ben Shneiderman : The Thrill of Discovery: Information Visualization for High-Dimensional Spaces.
- February 27 Dr. Greg Arnold and Ms. Olga Mendoza: Challenges in Image Understanding
- December 11 Prof Jing Xiao : Contact and Deformation Modeling for Interactive Environments
- November 16 Prof. Tetsuo Asano : Aspect-Ratio Voronoi Diagram with Applications.
- November 09 Prof. Alexander Mikhalev : Algorithms of Computer Algebra.
- November 08 Prof. Oliver Brock : Application of Insights from Robotics to Molecular Biology
- October 18 Dr. Ying-Li Tian: A Open and Extensible Framework for Event Based Surveillance
- September 14 Prof. Noemie Elhadad: "Automatic Text Summarization."
- August 02 Prof. Shmuel Peleg : Video Mosaicing for Non-Chronological Time Editing
- June 21 Dr. Firooz Sadjadi : Industrial applications of AI
- May 30 Mehrbod Sharifi and Prof. Levin : Evaluation of Usability of LSA for Word Sense Disambiguation
- March 21 Yegor Bryukhov : Extending proof assistants with reliable decision procedures
- March 15 Professor Gaurav S. Sukhatme : Towards a Networked Robotics Observatory
- March 07 Harvey E. Rhody, Ph.D. : Airborne Remote Sensing â€“ Applications, Systems and Algorithms
- February 21 Dr. George Havas : More on proofs
- November 16 Professor Hairong Qi : Energy-efficient, Fault-tolerant Collaborative Processing in Sensor Networks
- November 09 Professor Richard M. Voyles : Embedded, Real-Time Control of a Resource-Constrained CRAWLER Robot
- November 02 Sonia Karkare: Navigating through different jobs, cultures, and teams in the information technology field
- October 27 Prof. George Wolberg : Reconstructing 3D Models Of Large-Scale Scenes
- October 27 ACM Club Meeting, featuring Prof. Abbe Mowshowitz : "The Digital Society: Challenges and Opportunities"
- October 24 Dr. Ning Xi : Nano Robotic Manipulation and Assembly Using an Atomic Force Microscope
- October 06 Dr. Carola Wenk : Applications of Geometric Shape Matching
- September 29 Prof. Vulis: Making TeX WYSIWIG
- September 16 Dr. Jerry Ball: Overview of the Performance and Learning Models (PALM) Research Program
- September 8 Dr. George Havas: Algorithmic problems dating back to Euclid and Euler
- August 1 Dr. Guangyou Xu: HCI in "Physical-Information" Dual Space
- May 13 Dr. Roderic A. Grupen: Constraint Maintenance in Adaptive Behavior-Based Robot Systems
- May 13 Dr. Allen R. Hanson and Dr. Edward M. Riseman: Computer Vision Research at UMass Amherst
- April 15 Dr. Thomas S. Huang: Human Computer Intelligent Interaction
- March 16thDr. Owen Rambow: Summarizing Email Threads
- March 11th Noemie Elhadad: User-Sensitive Text Summarization
- March 9th Dr. Rebecca Passonneau: Pyramid Analysis
- March 8th Dr. Nizar Habash: Generation-Heavy Hybrid Machine Tanslation
- March 3rd Chung-Chieh Shan: Linguistic Side Effects
- March 2nd Dr. Jeffrey Siskind: Stochastic Spatio-Temporal Grammars for Images and Video
- Oct 11 Motion Layers Extraxtion in the Presence of Occlusion using Graph Cuts
- May 24 Scheduling Techniques for Broadcasting Popular Media
- May 20 Biomimetic Ultrasound: A Computational Approach
- May 19 From Nucleotide Sequences to Secondary Structures, and Back Again
- May 17 Geometric and Photometric Models for Cameras
- May 14 The Thinking Machines
- May 07 Building Multimodal User Interfaces
- May 04 Sequence Assembly and Protein Docking Algorithms
- April 28 Gene Networks and Functional Agents
- April 22 Correspondence of Stereo Images Using Wavelets
- April 21 Partial Trust and Scalable Authorization
- April 16 Secure Information Flow and Stack-based Access Control in Java-like Languages
- April 15 Name That Tune: Finding a Song from a Sung Query
- May 27 HARPS: HAshed Random Preloaded Subset Key Distribution
- April 15 Design and Performance Modeling of Wireless Networks
- April 14 The Effect of Class Distribution on Classifier Learning
- April 8 Engineering ApproacH to Human-Machine Interactions
- April 3 Shortest Path Tree Update for Network Routing
- April 01 Efficient Oblivious Computation
- March 27 Intelligent Computer Systems that Understand Human Languages
- April 09 Parallel-Perspective Stereo Mosaics from Real-World Video
- April 04 Algorithmic Problems in Point Pattern Matching
- April 03 Online Profiling and Optimization of Java
- March 21 Software Architecture Extraction and Trade off Analysis
- March 19 Querying XML from Mixed and Redundant Storage
- March 14 Tabled Resolution with Dynamic Reordering of Alternatives
- March 12 Efficient Algorithms for High-Dimensional Clustering
- March 07 Evasive Graph Properties & other Hardness Results
- March 05 Designing Networks with Demands Uncertainty
- February 28 Enabling Agents in E-Business
- November 4-5 21st Fall Workshop on Computational Geometry
- September 9 Faces of Modern Cryptography Conference (FoMC 2011)
- May 20 Spring 2011 Security and Privacy Day
- April 30 Visualization Day
- April 18 Open Problems in Group Theory
- September 28 - 29 Group Theory: Generations
- April 02 - 04 Trends in Functional Programming Conference
- November 10 Various Faces of Cryptography.
- May 12 Complexity and Computation.
- May 11 Imaging & Visualization Mini-Conference: Bridging the Gap between University Research and Business Applications
- April 22 Axiom Conference
- September 29 Symposium on Graph Drawing
- April 30 The Future of Scientific Computation
- September 22 - 25 Computational Group Theory
- May 15 - 16, 2003 Software for the Working Mathematician
- March 4th, 2008 ACM : Second General Meeting
- February 14th, 2008 ACM : First General Meeting
- Febrary 22, 2007 ACM : First General Meeeting
- November 16, 2006 ACM : Cross-Platform Image Processing.
- November 09, 2006 ACM : 3D Studio Max Workshop
- November 02, 2006 ACM: General Meeting
- October 26th, 2006 ACM: The Mysterious Art of Computer Architecture.
- October 5th, 2006 ACM: Software Enginnering Demonstration.
- September 07, 2006ACM: CCNY Robotics Team.
- April 12, 2002 ACM: Advanced Linux.
- March 15, 2002ACM: Introduction to Linux
- April 16, 2015 Spring 2015 CS Student/Faculty Mixer
- November 13, 2014 Fall 2014 CS Student/Faculty Mixer
- March 27, 2014 Spring 2014 CS Student/Faculty Mixer
- November 14, 2013 Fall 2013 CS Student/Faculty Mixer
- April 18, 2013 Spring 2013 CS Student/Faculty Mixer
- October 25, 2012 Fall 2012 CS Student/Faculty Mixer
- March 29, 2012 Spring 2012 CS Student/Faculty Mixer
- September 22, 2011 Fall 2011 CS Student/Faculty Mixer
- April 14, 2011 Spring 2011 CS Student/Faculty Mixer
- December 7, 2010 Fall 2010 CS Student/Faculty Mixer
- April 8, 2010 Spring 2010 CS Student/Faculty Mixer
- December 1, 2009 Fall 2009 CS Student/Faculty Mixer
- April 23, 2009 Spring 2009 CS Student/Faculty Mixer
- October 23, 2008 Fall 2008 CSc STUDENT/FACULTY MIXER
- May 8, 2008 Spring 2008 CSc STUDENT/FACULTY MIXER.
- November 08, 2007 FALL 2007 CSc STUDENT/FACULTY MIXER. Dr. Robert Pless spoke on Passive Vision: A Year in the Life of 1000 Outdoor Webcams
- April 25th, 2007 Spring 2007 Csc Student/Faculty Mixer.
Ben Shneiderman spoke on Creativity Support Tools: A Grand Challenge
- November 10 Fall 2005 CSc Student/Faculty Mixer
- March 15 Spring 2005 CSc Student/Faculty Mixer
- December 02 Fall 2004 CSc Student/Faculty Mixer
- April 27 Spring 2004 CSc Student/Faculty Mixer
- December 02, 2003 Faculty/Student Mixer
- February 15 Jeopardy - The IBM Challenge
- April 19, 2007 Dr. Robert P. Colwell: If you didn't test it, it doesn't work
- May 16, 2006 Cell Phone Virus: A student talks about the capstone.
- March 17th, 2005 Zack Rusin: The latest graphics hardware and libraries used in KDE
Last Updated: 10/30/2015 04:45