School Building Leader
Completed applications must be received no later than March 15th and October 15th for fall and spring matriculation respectively for admission to the School Building Leader program. The matriculation requirements for the Educational Leadership School Building Leader Program consist of the following. Please consult the School District Leader Program page for admission requirements.
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution.
- A Master's Degree with a minimum of a 3.0 grade point average.
- State certification as a teacher, guidance counselor, school psychologist, school social worker or other appropriate certification.
- Three years of teaching or relevant educational work experience including the ability to fulfill leadership roles.
- Three completed School of Education recommendation forms one of which must be from your principal.
- Satisfactory completion of an interview and on-site essay.
- Submission of official transcripts.
- Evidence of strong potential for professional work in administration.
School District Leader
The School District Leader certificate program runs during summer months. In addition to the matriculation requirements listed above (under School Building Leader), the following requirements apply:
- At least 60 graduate level credits.
- Proof of NYS certification as School Building Leader or School Administrator/Supervisor.
- A GPA with a minimum of a 3.0 grade point average.
- Three professional references, including one from the superintendent of the district where you are currently employed.
- A personal statement.
- An on-site interview and writing sample.
- For licensure, there may be additional requirements as determined by the New York State Education Department.
- Three completed School of Education recommendation forms one of which must be from the Superintendent of the District that your school is in or an individual in a similar position at a Borough Support Center or a central office.