- New York City Board of Education http://schools.nyc.gov
- National Association of Elementary School Principals http://www.naesp.org/
- National Association of Secondary School Principals http://www.nassp.org
- U. S. Dept of Education - Information for Principals http://www.ed.gov
- School Building Leader examination http://www.highered.nysed.gov/tcert/certificate/certexamsl.html
- School District Leader examination http://www.nystce.nesinc.com/NY_flds103-104_PG_opener.asp
- Training Opportunities:
- Learning and Technology Resource Center: For more information please click here to go to the Learning and Technology Resource Center Website.
- Multimedia Center: The Multimedia Center consists of two adjacent rooms located in the North Academic Center (NA) Room 4/221 and Room 4/216. One room is equipped with Dell computers, the other one with Macintosh. This center is an instructional computer lab as well as an open lab for students with focus on multimedia. We offer workshops for faculty, students, and staff in several topics like website design, use of cameras, creating movies, Office 2000 Suite, using the graphic organizer Inspiration, etc. For more information please click here to go to the Multimedia Center Website.
- NYS SBL/SDL Certification
Information pertaining to obtaining an SBL or SDL license can be found at:
Candidates should consult the NYSED website for information regarding which exams are required for each license, as well as what documents must be submitted.
All candidates for Certification as a School Building Leader (SBL,) School District Leader (SDL,) or School District Business Leader (SDBL) graduating from New York State approved preparation programs are required to pass the appropriate New York State School Leadership Examination. These exams are administered by at Pearson VUE Test Centers throughout New York, as well as at additional testing centers in adjoining states and nationally.
Registration information, including the complete examination schedule, test center locations, the test frameworks, and the preparation guides are all available online at www.nystce.nesinc.com. The Program in Educational Leadership offers test prep sessions for both exams. These test prep sessions are offered periodically throughout the year. For more information, please contact: Dr. Robert Lubetsky, Program Director, Program in Educational Leadership, City College of New York, Convent Avenue, New York, NY 10031; 212-650-5034.
Candidates are encouraged to sign up to take a test as soon as they believe they are fully prepared. Space at test sites is sometimes limited so early registration is encouraged.
- School of Education Resources: Course Bulletin, Courses, CCNY Libraries, Writing Center, Policy on Academic Integrity, Sexual Harassment Policy, Fitness Center, edTPA Information, Admissions & Student Services, Clinical Practice (Fieldwork & Student Teaching), Certification, Learning & Technology Resource Center, Multimedia Center, etc.