GRADUATE APPLICATION PROCESS
The application process is completed online.
REQUIRED GRADUATE APPLICATION MATERIALS
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended (showing a minimum of 24 credits in English literature with a minimum overall GPA of 3.0 and a minimum GPA in English of 3.0).
- A personal statement about English teaching and how that personal view motivates you to teach English in secondary level schools.
- Three letters of recommendation.
UNDERGRADUATE APPLICATION PROCESS
Contact Professor Shira Epstein at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit an application.
REQUIRED UNDERGRADUATE APPLICATION MATERIALS
- A personal statement about English teaching and how that personal view motivates you to be an English teacher in secondary level schools.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Based on review of application, candidates will be invited to sit for an admissions interview and timed writing task.(Undergraduate applicants in English education are not required to take the SEAT.)
Only undergraduate applicants who meet the following minimum entrance requirements will be considered.
- Minimum overall GPA of 2.75.
- Minimum GPA in English of 3.0.
- Completion of a minimum of 18 credits in the English major.
Prior to admission, undergraduates can take only EDUC 20500, EDSE 32500 and SPED 32000 in The School of Education. Any student completing additional education courses prior to formal admission into the English Education Program may find themselves taking courses that will not be applicable to their program
Last Updated: 11/29/2022 12:12